PDA

View Full Version : Ugh! Top Tether Anchor install $120!!!

bisous
01-23-2008, 04:17 PM
Yes. That is what Honda wants to charge me to install the top tether anchor in my car. Please tell me that this isn't the standard price. I've read enough to know that this is an important safety step. Did anyone else "do" this and what did it cost?

TIA

Jen

P.S. Sorry for all the messages here about carseat safety. I just had an epiphany yesterday driving down a wet road with my two precious babies and I'm serious about getting this whole thing figured out. :)

Joolsplus2
01-23-2008, 04:35 PM
Buy the part ($13) get a torque wrench ($9) and insist they give you the instructions for installation. Which car?

Yes. That is what Honda wants to charge me to install the top tether anchor in my car. Please tell me that this isn't the standard price. I've read enough to know that this is an important safety step. Did anyone else "do" this and what did it cost?

TIA

Jen

P.S. Sorry for all the messages here about carseat safety. I just had an epiphany yesterday driving down a wet road with my two precious babies and I'm serious about getting this whole thing figured out. :)

Joolsplus2
01-23-2008, 04:36 PM
And ps, hey, ask away, that's what we're here for! :)

Joolsplus2
01-23-2008, 04:39 PM
Oh, right, 2000 CR-V... yeah..pain in the butt that, but my dh did it in about 5 minutes anyway, just had to pop out the dome light, pull back the cloth roof headliner a bit, found the hole where the anchor screws in, put a tiny hole in the liner, put the anchor in the liner's hole, then into the roof's hole (screw it with torque wrench to 16lb ft...or, um, my dh did it with his fingers...just don't overdo it is the main thing), and then push liner back into place, pop dome light back on.