PDA

View Full Version : UPS just ticks me off.

almostsane
01-23-2008, 06:28 PM
I don't know if this is Target or UPS, but probably a little of both. I placed an order on Target's site on Jan 12. I got a message on Jan. 14 that my package was shipped. Ok, that's great. It still has not arrived!:32: I have checked on the tracking site and it says that my local UPS facility received it on Jan. 19, they tried to deliver, but was closed on Jan. 21. Now, I understand that it was a holiday, but what about yesterday? I know, I should be more patient, but I am running out of clothes to wear and this order was for maternity clothing. If it does not arrive today, should I contact Target, anyone. Will it do any good?

mezzona
01-23-2008, 06:33 PM
yes UPS is a PITA.

You can call UPS, give them the tracking number, and find out where exactly the package is and when the next attempt to deliver is. What I usually do is tell them to keep it at the facility and tell me when I can pick it up myself (if I want it THAT day, otherwise, it'll be the next day sometime, and I may not be home). Another thing that helps is if it requires a signature (it may not), then ask them to waive the requirement and where to leave the package.

smilla653
01-25-2008, 09:57 PM
I am going to be anti-Target in this one instance and say that their shipping is sooooo slow.

rachelh
01-27-2008, 01:34 AM
Don't even get me started on UPS! We have had so many bad experiences with their shipping.

I once paid close to $20 for 2-3 business days shipping for a package worth $15 because I needed it ASAP. Sure enough, they come to deliver it and make no attempt to see if anyone is home to accept the package. DH was home at them time and found the UPS slip on the door. (this has happened numerous times that they dont ring the bell or knock.)

We were told to go to the UPS sorting facility between 8-9 PM and the package would be there. (i guess thats after all the trucks are back and unloaded.) We waited in line for close to an hour and then an additional 45 minutes when they were looking for our package which was no where to be found. The whole thing was so unprofessional.

We then literally had to beg UPS (maybe after 10+ phone calls with a manager) did they finally agree to waive the signature requirement for the pakcage worth $15.

ellies mom
01-27-2008, 03:06 AM
Yeah, I'm not super thrilled with UPS most of the time either. They were supposed to deliver something one time and they left a note because no one was home. That was Friday, so Monday I change around my schedule so I could be home during their freakishly long window but they never showed up. Turns out the driver got tired of delivering packages so he just stopped early and went back to the station. Then on Tuesday, I see the driver pull up go to the back of the truck, get back in his seat and drive off. This time the package had been left on the loading dock. So finally, they give us free shipping and promise to have it there first thing the next morning. They did offer to expedite another package I was expecting for free but I didn't have enough info on me so they could find it in their system. At any rate, the next morning, the guy shows up puts the package on the porch, rings the doorbell and walks off without even waiting for me to get to the door.

eightiesguy
01-27-2008, 02:37 PM
In our area, Fed Ex is the worse than UPS. Our UPS guy always brings our packages to the door and rings the bell (and usually waits for an answer). I had to formally file complaints on the Fed Ex driver because he as leaving packages sit at the end of our driveway. I'd get home from work and there would be a box sitting where I normally park my car. (I don't understand why he couldn't carry it the 40 extra feet to the house). He still doesn't always ring the bell when he delivers a package (just leaves them by the door). This was the same driver that delivered a large fundraising order to the wrong address (it was supposed to go to the elementary school) because he "had delivered packages to that address before and assumed that the delivery was for them"