PDA

View Full Version : Where did my superstar sleeper DD go?

elektra
01-23-2008, 07:31 PM
From about 10 weeks on, DD has consistently slept through the night. We had a few growth spurts where I would nurse her once in the night but those stretches lasted less than a week at a time.
She is now 10 mo and for the past 2 or 3 weeks she has been waking 2 to 3 times a night. :(
There has been a lot of change lately including weaning during the day, staying with my parents for a week and a half, and possible teething. I know it's some combination of these things, but ugh!
Give more formula before bed? Teething tablets? Tylenol? CIO?
Any suggestions are welcome. :)

maylips
02-15-2008, 11:51 AM
Is she standing up in her crib when you go into the room? Maybe she's figured out how to stand up, but not get back down?

Those teething tablets do not work, IMO. We really don't have trouble with DD's sleep but she did go through a spell a couple of weeks ago when she woke up around 1:15. We finally let her cry it out and she was back asleep within 10 minutes and stopped waking up after 2 nights.

On some mornings, she's been waking up around 5:30, crying for a little bit, then going back to sleep until 7:00-7:15, but I think she's pooping because those are the mornings I find a prize waiting for me! :)

I bet the staying with grandparents made a difference for you. GL!

JillSP
03-18-2008, 12:39 AM
Fill her up at bedtime with formula and tell her you will see her in the morning.

At 10 months she should be able to sleep through the night without eating and so I suspect she is just enjoying the ability to get a little visit from mom or dad in the middle of the night.

She needs to learn to sleep through the night so don't beat yourself up over allowing her to cry.