PDA

View Full Version : Would you go to Disney at Easter???

amyhome1
01-24-2008, 08:45 AM
Both of my kids have their birthdays in March, and we'd like to take them to WDW.

Is it crazy to go since it is Easter week?

egoldber
01-24-2008, 08:52 AM
No. You couldn't pay me to go then. And I *love* WDW!

amyhome1
01-24-2008, 09:20 AM
What about early April?

egoldber
01-24-2008, 09:29 AM
This year, since Easter is so early, thats probably not a bad time.

Momof3Labs
01-24-2008, 10:32 AM
No way, no how, especially with two young children in tow.

In 2008, peak season (defined by Disney, but usually translates to the highest crowds + highest hotel room rates) ends March 29 so April might be fine, though I bet you'll still hit some late spring break crowds in early April. I'd think that late April/early May might be better.

Here's a link with the Disney seasons listed for moderate resorts:

http://www.mousesavers.com/moderateresorts2008.html

mom2chloe
01-25-2008, 01:45 AM
Not sure about Easter week... my daughter's birthday is mid-April. We took her last year for the first time... heard HORROR stories about the lines... tried to learn the secrets of Fast Pass, Park Hopper, faster routes here to there, etc... What a waste of my planning time!!!!!! There were no lines anywhere to be found... I think her birthday is the PERFECT time to go!

egoldber
01-25-2008, 07:54 AM
Mid April last year was just after Easter I think. Historically, Easter and Christmas weeks are THE two busiest weeks at WDW.

amyhome1
01-25-2008, 08:13 PM
I think we'll go in April...thanks for the advice...what was I thinking?????

dms619
01-27-2008, 06:42 PM
The NY/NJ/CT schools are off for Passover for a week in April.....I wouldn't go then. Our Easter vacation starts on Holy Thursday and we go back the following Wednesday.

HTH,
Debbie
Mommy to sweet baby Katie

amyhome1
01-28-2008, 07:52 PM
What are the pros and cons of staying on property vs. off property?

KrystalS
01-28-2008, 10:08 PM
We just got back from Disney a couple of weeks ago, we didn't stay on property. We stayed at a Ramada just outside the maingate. In our case we knew we were going to be at the parks all day so I just couldn't justify spending so much to stay on property. We got a great deal on our hotel, less than $400 for a week. It definitely wasn't the nicest place I've ever stayed but it had a really nice indoor pool, a great snack bar, and it was quiet. I liked having a rental car because at the end of the day we didn't have to worry about standing in line to get on the shuttle.
If you want any tips or advice from someone who has just been there just message me, its still fresh on my mind so I have lots of info!