PDA

View Full Version : Crib wishlist - hardwood, metal spring, convert to toddler? Legacy, Sorelle or Pail?

jfbdmom
01-24-2008, 12:10 PM
I am trying to find a crib with the following must haves:

Hardwood
Metal Spring mattress support
Converts to at least toddler
Color has to be pecan/caramel/cognac to match other furniture

Other nice to have features:

Dropside
Teething rails (or abilily to put cloth or plastic over them)

I have found a couple of Legacy, Sorelle and Pali models at Albee baby but can't see them in person so am wondering which one would be better. Oh, forgot to mention I have a limited budget.

This crib needs to last my 15 month old through his toddler years. We will get a new crib for our next baby. We have to replace his current crib b/c he chewed through it b/c it is pine.

Thanks sooo much!

KBecks
01-24-2008, 07:40 PM
We have a Legacy crib and it's been good. I bought the most inexpensive style and got it in-stock at a local store for about $300. It's been a good solid crib and is now serving #2.

jfbdmom
01-24-2008, 11:44 PM
Thank you Karen. How has it held up to teething? The legacy is my favorite one so far (its the 29001 model on Albeebaby).

KBecks
01-24-2008, 11:59 PM
Neither of my boys was a crib chewer, so no experience w/it. The paint (we have white) got a little dinged when we moved it into another room and unfortunately scraped on a door, but it's not awful.

wendibird22
01-25-2008, 10:46 AM
Our crib and changing table are from Bonavita (http://www.bonavita-cribs.com/cri2003.html). Really good quality, lots of color choices, reasonable price. No experience with teething on it, but the wood seems quite durable.