PDA

View Full Version : What is your favorite cereal?

mezzona
01-24-2008, 09:15 PM
My favorites are the stuff I grew up on:
Frosted Flakes, Pops, Capn Crunch, Kix.

What's your favorite cereal?

Tondi G
01-24-2008, 09:20 PM
Oooh POPS... I haven't had them in years! Honeynut Cheerios are pretty darn good too! I do love a good Raisin Bran cereal too!

When I was preggo with my 1st I got in a regualr Cherrios with a Banana sliced on top kick!

I still love Rice Crispies too! Rice Crispy TREATS even better! YUM!

~Tondi

momtoonegirl
01-24-2008, 09:25 PM
I like Special K Red Berries (Strawberries), and Cinnamon Life cereal.

If I am in the mood for a sweeter cereal I like Apple Jacks.

MommyMichelle07
01-24-2008, 09:27 PM
Lately mine has been any type of raisin bran oat crunch. I go through phases, though, and Frosted Flakes are the bomb! ;)

supercalifragilous
01-24-2008, 09:38 PM
Mine are all "junky" ones - Lucky Charms, Cinnamon Toast Crunch, Frosted Flakes. The healthiest cereal I like is the fruity granola from Trader Joe's.

SnuggleBuggles
01-24-2008, 09:44 PM
Honey Nut Cheerios and Barbara's Shredded Spoonfuls (like Life), I think.

My favorite junky picks are Mother's Peanut Butter Bumpers from Whole Foods (they taste like PB Captain Crunch but the ingredient list is much better!) and Lucky Charms.

Beth

mezzona
01-24-2008, 09:44 PM
Do you know what it's called? Or is there just one kind? I wanna try it!

The healthiest cereal I like is the fruity granola from Trader Joe's.

aa2mama
01-24-2008, 09:49 PM
Let's see, I like Kellogg's Raisin Bran, Honey Nut Cheerios, Life, Wheat Chex, and Lucky Charms (mmm...those yummy stale marshmallows).

eliasmom
01-24-2008, 09:53 PM
Mmmm... cereal. I love cereal.

Most of my faves are from Trader Joe's: apple granola, mango apricot granola, Strawberry Yogurt O's. I've managed to convince DD that TJ's new oat swirls are cookies.

I also like Basic 4.

spanannie
01-24-2008, 10:12 PM
I am OBSESSED with Peanut Butter Panda Puffs by Envirokidz. I've been going through 2 boxes/week this pregnancy!

Wife_and_mommy
01-24-2008, 10:22 PM
Mine is Honey Bunches of Oats; the w/ Almonds flavor. I've gotten the whole family hooked on them--big mistake, lol.

wencit
01-24-2008, 10:23 PM
I've managed to convince DD that TJ's new oat swirls are cookies.
Those are so yummy! I was eating a bowful, so proud of myself for being healthy with all that oat-y and bran-y goodness, when I glanced at the nutrition information and nearly choked at how much fat was in 1 serving! I forget the exact amount, but I think it was like 8g. Or maybe it was 11g. In any case, it was waaaaay too much fat to be eating at breakfast when most healthy cereals only contain 1 or 2g of fat per serving. So DS ended up eating pretty much the whole box, since he needs some fat in his diet anyway, unlike his chubby parents. Sigh.

As for myself, I really like frosted shredded mini wheats, especially when the milk turns the bottom pieces all soggy. Yum.

Corie
01-24-2008, 10:30 PM
My mom always let us kids (and there are 4 of us) pick our
own cereal. And she only had ONE rule. Sugar cannot be
listed as the first ingredient. We never understood the meaning
of this rule but we didn't care because we got to pick out our
own box of cereal. :)
I always picked out 40% Bran Flakes. I used to eat it with my
grandpa and I loved it. Now, I'll sometimes mix in Cheerios
with my Bran Flakes.

And, no, we were not allowed to add any sugar to our cereal.

I had a friend who was allowed to eat the sugary cereal AND she
would add a couple spoonfuls of sugar to her bowl. Yuck!

lisams
01-24-2008, 10:32 PM
Cheerios Crunch - they have cluster of oats. I also love multi-grain Cheerios, but I don't think they're as healthy as they sound, lol!

giavila
01-24-2008, 10:37 PM
Cheerios, Oh's, and Honey Bunches of Oats with Almonds.

When I want some real sugary stuff I love Cinnamon Toast Crunch, Coco Puffs, Fruity Pebbles and Cookie Crisps. We rarely get these though. DD1 would be all over it!

glenda

vludmilla
01-24-2008, 10:46 PM
I also like Basic 4.

Oooh, I forgot about Basic 4. I used to LOVE it. Lately, I've been on a Kashi kick. I absolutely love the Honey Almond Flax crunch cereal by Kashi and it is actually fairly healthy. I also really like Kashi heart to heart with some fresh strawberries on top.

As a kid I really loved Capn Crunch and recently we tried Envirokidz Gorilla Munch---tastes just like Capn Crunch but a little bit better ingredients (although still not great food;)

trales
01-24-2008, 11:10 PM
Kashi orchard medley granola mmmmmm

trentsmom
01-25-2008, 12:57 AM
I alternate between Special K Red Berries and the Special K Chocolate. Sometimes I mix them to get a chocolate-covered strawberry taste. Mmmmm!

For sugary cereals, I still have a fondness for Froot Loops. As I child, I remember eating something called Sugar Smacks, which they've now renamed to take "sugar" out of the name. I think the character associated with it was Sugar Bear. Or maybe a frog. DH's favorite childhood cereal was Booberry, but I don't see that very often.

Kyras mom
01-25-2008, 02:36 AM
I love junky cereals. I grew up eating them, faves were peanut butter crunch, vanilla crunch (a cap'n crunch cereal), boo berry, count chocula, frankenberry, frosted flakes. But I won't eat them now. I like Cracklin' Oat bran and wheat chex with sliced bananas. Yum! There's a new cereal called Strawberry chex, but I like to get more fiber in with breakfast in general.

mamicka
01-25-2008, 09:46 AM
I actually really like Fiber One & All Bran Buds. Fiber One has some new "flavors" that I've been trying & I like them so far. Cracklin Oat Bran is also yummy & Quaker Corn Bran (but this is really hard to find for some reason).

buddyleebaby
01-25-2008, 10:04 AM
Regular Cheerios. I don't like the honeynut kind.
We usually buy the generic "o" cereal but Cheerios DO taste better.

I also like granola and frosted mini wheats but I rarely but them.

If my DH buys cocoa pebbles, I usually sneak a bowl.

wendibird22
01-25-2008, 10:24 AM
My fav guilty pleasure cereals are cocoa puffs, count chocula, and cocoa pebbles. The only non-healthy cereal I'll allow myself to buy these days is the occasional box of golden grahams.

Puddy73
01-25-2008, 11:02 AM
My usual cereal these days is Kashi GoLean (crunch or regular), but all these posts have me craving Cap'n Crunch and Ohs! My Mom would let my brother, sister and I choose one box of sugary cereal for the week which we would immediately wolf down. The rest of the week was shredded wheat, Popeye Puffed Wheat, Cheerios, etc.

nupe
01-25-2008, 11:52 AM
Honey toasted oat cereal
for cold.

For hot: Organic oatmeal (not instant) prepared with milk, and mixed w/organic applesauce.

Kungjo
01-25-2008, 12:37 PM
I love Raisin Bran and Frosted Mini Wheats. Yum Yum.....

Glizmo
01-25-2008, 02:31 PM
Cocoa Krispies - a nearly daily fix right now!
Frosted flakes
Golden grahams
Frosted mini-wheats - the "healthy" choice haha :D

tylersmama
01-25-2008, 06:25 PM
My mom always let us kids (and there are 4 of us) pick our
own cereal. And she only had ONE rule. Sugar cannot be
listed as the first ingredient. We never understood the meaning
of this rule but we didn't care because we got to pick out our
own box of cereal. :)

My mom did the same thing, except worse...sugar couldn't be the first or second ingredient! So we rarely got the good cereal.

As a kid, my favorites were Cookie Crisp, Crunchberries, Frankenberry/Booberry, Golden Grahams (probably the only one on this list that fit my mom's criteria) and anything with marshmallows in general. :)

Now that I'm an adult with a sophsiticated palate (HA!), I like Oh's, French Toast Crunch, and Corn Pops. I don't eat cereal very often though. Breakfast is usually vanilla yogurt with Udi's cranberry granola mixed in. Yum!

julieakc
01-27-2008, 04:21 AM
My favorite is Crispix...but that Peanut Butter Panda stuff by Envirokidz is tasty too!

On rare occassions I like to indulge in a fun "kids" cereal and that favorite would probably be Coco Puffs or Coco Krispies (can you tell I like chocolate?).

Aunt to sweet baby boy
01-27-2008, 04:49 AM
Healthy: Honey Nut Cherrios and Special K

Not as healthy: Frosted Flakes, Corn Pops, Cinnamon Toast Crunch

I do not like the sugary stuff as much as I used to. When I was a kid we (myself and 2 siblings) were allowed to pick out any cereal we wanted, so I guess I got my share of sugary cereal over with as a young child.

elaineandmichaelsmommy
01-27-2008, 04:57 PM
My favorite junk cereal has got to be cookie crisp. But for healthy cold it's usually cinnamon life or honey nut cheerios. Fav. hot is the apple cinnamon instant oatmeal Yum.

By the way, they were sugar smacks and the kellogg's spokescritter was digum the frog. "smack,smack, sugar smacks give me a smack(high five) and I'll smack you back, fun to eat those smacks of wheat kellogg's sugar smacks, you'll diggum!"

No my memory isn't that good. We have an old tape that the commercial is on.

Pennylane
01-27-2008, 06:26 PM
Berry Berry Kix and Cinnamon Toast Crunch are still my favorites! If I want to be healthy (which I don't very often) I'll buy Special K w/ Strawberries.

Ann