PDA

View Full Version : don't help me cook dh, just don't help.

elaineandmichaelsmommy
01-26-2008, 04:19 AM
Seriously, if you're going to come home from work and ask if you can help,just do what I ask you to do! It's not that hard to follow directions. When I say could you brown some ground beef and throw it in with the chili in the crock pot that does NOT translate into "could you please put the chili in another pot on the stove, splatter chili all over the stove,dirty 3 spoons and make cornbread from scratch, dirtying another 2 mixing bowls and delaying dinner by 45 minutes" :32:

I appreciate the effort, but don't I repeat, DON'T do it again.!

hellokitty
01-26-2008, 09:58 AM
Lol, sorry to laugh, but my DH does the same thing. His listening skills SUCK! I swear it's like giving directions to a 4 yr old sometimes, in fact I think my 4 yr old could probably follow my directions better than my DH. Maybe I'll just have to start talking really slow and in an kindergarten teacher voice, so my DH will pay attn, geez!

Anyway, I'm sorry about the aggravation. My DH and I get into it all the time, b/c whenever he is in the kitchen he dirties up twice as many things than he really has to, and that annoys me. I tell him he's inefficient in the kitchen. He is notorious for putting leftovers into containers that are either too big or two small, which bugs the crap out of me, esp since I eyeball it and tell him exactly which one will fit and he refuses to listen.