PDA

View Full Version : no show tanks/shirts

scout123
01-26-2008, 12:05 PM
I am looking for tanks/shirts that are made of thicker material through the chest so you don't have to wear a bra. Support isn't an issue for me, I just need a "no show" shirt. Does anyone know of a site that sells shirts like this?
Thanks,
Angie

WatchingThemGrow
01-26-2008, 01:40 PM
The Bravado Essential Nursing Tank is my favorite. The material is really thick and very nice, with the bra (and great snap-down feature) hidden inside. Very comfy, great alone or layered. Their website shows a pregnant belly wearing it, and I think I actually did that with #2. Just be sure to follow washing instructions.

I got one from www.breakoutbras.com with a coupon code and later one from www.bravadodesigns.com, both of which I'm sure are expired by now.

GlamourMom has a tank that is longer also, but I have no experience with that brand or with Bravado's Bamboo fiber tank. HTH!

scout123
01-26-2008, 04:02 PM
I'm not nursing, I just want a tank to wear around the house that I won't be embarrassed to open the door in! I HATE wearing bras, especially if I'm just hanging out at home. I'm a 32B, so I don't need the support just the coverage. I also hate shelf bras. The elastic drives me crazy!
Angie

sadie427
01-26-2008, 06:09 PM
Not sure if they're no-show as I've only worn them w/ a bra and under a shirt, but I have some Boden tanks w/ adjustable straps but no shelf bra that are reasonably thick.

CiderLogan
01-27-2008, 03:09 PM
One of those women's fitness catalogs (Title 9 or one like that... I can find mine if you want) has tanks with built-in underwire bras. But if you don't want to wear a bra, that may be more bra-like than you want.

What about yoga/workout-type tanks? I find those to be thicker than regular tanks.

scout123
01-27-2008, 04:44 PM
I ordered some tanks from Boden so hopefully they will be thick enough. I also ordered a bra tank from Athletica. Thanks for your suggestions!

citymama
02-05-2008, 03:13 PM
I ordered some tanks from Boden so hopefully they will be thick enough. I also ordered a bra tank from Athletica. Thanks for your suggestions!

Angie - how did those tanks work out for you? I'm also looking for non-nursing tanks, tees - whatever kind of top - that are no-show and don't require wearing a bra underneath. Let me know if you had any luck with Boden or any other brand! Thanks.

scout123
02-05-2008, 06:07 PM
I ordered a bra tank from Athletica that works, but isn't as comfy as I was hoping for. Here is the link-
http://www.athleta.com/shopping/product/detailmain.jsp?itemID=4038&itemType=PRODUCT&iMainCat=4&iSubCat=207&iProductID=4038
I receive my double layer tanks from Boden yesterday and they didn't work. You have to wear a bra underneath them. I am still on the hunt for a comfy tank that doesn't require a bra! I'll post if I find it!
Angie

dsb22
02-06-2008, 12:22 AM
http://www.altrec.com/shop/detail/29455/

It has a shelf bra but it sounds like it might not be as uncomfortable as some.
(I've ordered from altrec before and they have good customer service. I had no trouble with returning one item that didn't work out.) Or, maybe you could layer one tank on top of another, especially if the top tank had a busy pattern?