PDA

View Full Version : Car Pool Help Needed!

JenGris
01-26-2008, 12:38 PM
My friend and I would like to car pool for school, we both have a 3 and half yo dc who weighs 30 lbs, about 40 inches tall (we also each have a 1 yo). We also happen to have the same car, a Volvo XC90 (SUV). We have both our car seats forward facing (we both have Marathons and Roundabouts) amd would like to add a third car seat to the middle for car pooling purposes. I purchased the Graco Comfortsport and it doesn't fit. I realize that a booster with a back may be our only options. Would you use one in this situation? Or is there a car seat that should fit? I'm very nervous about a booster for my dc before he's even 4. The kids are still too small for the booster that's built into the car. Thanks for any advice or suggestions, we really want to car pool and make this work.

Joolsplus2
01-26-2008, 02:17 PM
Graco Platinum Cargo or Sunshine Kids Radian are probably the best choice (even easier to buckle a harnessed seat than a booster, not to mention a lot safer for little kids) (I don't think the Comfortsport even fits those kiddos, the slots are an inch lower than the Roundabout!)

JBaxter
01-26-2008, 02:24 PM
I have had a Sunsine Radian, Apex 65 and a Eddie Bauer 3in1 seat ( not mine btw) in my XC90. The radian is great when you have limited space.

JenGris
01-26-2008, 02:38 PM
I forgot to mention that cost is an issue, since this is just an extra car seat for car pooling, we were hoping to spend under $100. I know the Radian is $$$.

Joolsplus2
01-26-2008, 03:17 PM
Yeah, check out the Cargo (not the Treasured, it's the lame model with no front adjuster), it's really fine and narrow. And it's a booster later, which is nice.

JenGris
01-26-2008, 03:21 PM
Sounds perfect, love that we can use it as a booster when he's too big for it as a seat. Thank you!