PDA

View Full Version : Narrowest booster?

khm
01-26-2008, 04:34 PM
I'm looking to take our neighbor girl to story hour with us once a week. But, I have a sedan and with the current setup, we can't fit her in. I was wondering what the narrowest booster was. High back or backless.

She and my daughter are both 5.5 years old and over 40 lbs. ;) I know it's not ideal, but it's the only way we'll fit. And, the neighbor is in a backless in her car anyways. My daughter is in a MA or a high back booster (Recaro or Compass), normally.

Joolsplus2
01-26-2008, 04:50 PM
Can we have a few more details? Which car, which other seats? LATCH or seatbelt installed? Rearfacing or Forward Facing? That'll help pinpoint just the right booster to fit in there with them :)

khm
01-26-2008, 05:00 PM
Normally, there's two MA's outboard. For this excursion, I'll take my daughter's MA out, but my son's will stay in.

So, 1 FF MA outboard. There is a shoulder belt in the middle, but it's a *narrow* spot. The car is an older Audi.

So, I was hoping two super narrow boosters would fit, but it is probably iffy even then. It might not work any which way!

There are headrests in each spot. We'll be driving like 1.5 miles in town. I know stuff can happen in town, but there's no worry about sleeping position, etc.

o_mom
01-26-2008, 05:04 PM
Fisher Price Safe Voyage Booster. Only $35 shipped at AlbeeBaby.com. It is not a very tall back, but if she fits in the MA, it should be tall enough. The Parkway is another good option as the lack of armrests make for very easy buckling.

Joolsplus2
01-26-2008, 05:05 PM
:yeahthat:

Joolsplus2
01-26-2008, 05:06 PM
Also, they are very spendy (like $89), but the Clek Olli is really narrow (it has LATCH, but can be used without the anchors in the car, too)

Joolsplus2
01-26-2008, 05:09 PM
Oh, and if you need something, like, 5 minutes ago, the Cosco Auto Booster/High Rise/Ambassador is low in the armrests and quite easy to buckle (compared to the Turbo Booster, which is kind of a boxy pain in the butt when you are working in cramped conditions). It's at just about every discount store for $10-$20.

:)