PDA

View Full Version : Camden Rose Hearth-- (play kitchen) Has anyone bought this yet?

1964pandora
01-26-2008, 09:43 PM
You can see good photos of it on the Camden Rose website, Rosie Hippo's website and Palumba website. It's made of solid cherry, and it retails for $349. Just wondering whether anyone has it yet. It's become so popular, supposedly, that it's backordered for 8 weeks.

ETA: I added this link:

http://www.camdenrose.com/product/31/2

You can click on the kitchen to see additional images.

Drag0nflygirl
01-27-2008, 02:32 PM
No experience - just wanted to say THAT'S GORGEOUS!

Nancy
dd Cara 10-25-05

annasmom
01-27-2008, 02:39 PM
No, sorry, but I have been eyeing their playstands for quite a while. Their products are absolutely beautiful!

haraldsworth
01-28-2008, 05:16 AM
I do! It was the kids big Christmas gift. It is absolutely beautiful and so well made. I know that it will be around for a long time and will stand up to ds. Do you have any specific questions about it?

Sarah

1964pandora
01-28-2008, 08:31 AM
I thought SOMEONE on this board would have one! I'm glad to hear that it is all that it appears to be. This appears to be the Rolls Royce of play kitchens now. Sarah, I guess I just wanted to see whether any BBB members had one yet, and make sure they love it before I take the plunge. I have two small sons, and I want to make sure it will hold up. It looks sooooo gorgeous.

haraldsworth
01-28-2008, 01:09 PM
We have the kitchen in our main living room because we like to be where our kids play. It blends in nicely with the rest of furniture. This kitchen gets played with everyday and I have no fears that it will hold it up to ds especially. My husband originally thought that it was a bit expensive but now agrees that it is worth it. The entire piece is thick cherry planks.

That said, the one thing is that I wish the top arch was a little smoother. It has some angles to it that I don't love. You can see it in the pictures too.

We ordered ours from palumba with 5% coupon code and free shipping. I had it within 3 days and it was packaged wonderfully. We ordered ours in early December and I was giddy about it the entire month. Christmas morning was awesome!

Enough babbling.
Sarah

1964pandora
01-28-2008, 06:50 PM
Sarah, I know exactly what you're talking about about the top of it not being the cutest. It's like they didn't know what to do up there. I think it's definitely a bit of a design flaw, but other than that, it's pretty darn cute.