PDA

View Full Version : Platinum Cargo won't fit! Any other ideas?

JenGris
01-27-2008, 12:35 PM
Thanks for the suggestions for the Platinum Cargo for my car pooling situation. Unfortunately I just measured and the space is too tight, I only have about 14 inches or so, and it's 16.5. I don't know if the Radian is smaller, but its just too expensive. Is there a booster that you all think is safe for a 3.8 yo, 30 lbs, 40 inch kid or should we just forgo carpooling until the kids are a little bigger? Thanks.

Joolsplus2
01-27-2008, 01:13 PM
You really need to physically try a seat to know if it'll work...there's a 'puzzling factor' that makes actual measurements almost irrelevant. Cargo really should work (you can try it at Babies R Us, though, to make sure) Radian would probably work perfectly, I know it's expensive, but it's taller than the Marathon and you can use it till the 1 year old is about 6 or 7 (it doesn't expire for 8 years). But for the sake of just knowing width? It's 13 inches at the base and fits perfectly next to britaxes. You could maybe cram a Cosco High Rise into the middle position...it's a backless booster, but the seats on either side would keep even a little kid contained. :)

JenGris
01-27-2008, 04:56 PM
I actually went out to Babies R Us after I sent this (and before I got your response) and asked the manager to take the seat out to my car and yes, it fits! It's totally jammed in there, however. He thought that was a problem, said he thought car seats needed an inch on every side for a little give? He also suggested for a minute (before he came to his senses) that I just put it in as is, without strapping it in (!!!) so he's obviously not an expert. Is it okay if it's very tightly in there, but at least it fits? I am so thrilled if we can make this work!

Joolsplus2
01-27-2008, 05:01 PM
It's ok if they touch, as long as being crammed next to the other one doesn't make them 'seem' like they are tightly installed (ie, you have to be able to remove one and the other stays tight) (Yeah, BRU employees are usually a special brand of carseat-ignorant...sigh...)

yay!:bighand:

JenGris
01-27-2008, 06:00 PM
it seems as if it should work then! I will install it and then take it to a car seat inspection place we have nearby just to make sure. You've been a huge help and it will make my life so much easier if my friend and I can car pool. Thank you so much!!!