PDA

View Full Version : Help w/2nd seat - scenera for 2yo or radian 65 for 4yo?

jennab
01-27-2008, 08:31 PM
DS (4) is in a Regent, and DD (2) is in a Roundabout in our Honda Odyssey.
DS also has a Decathalon in DH's car - we don't yet have a second carseat for DD, but need to get one. Most of the time, DH will just take my van, but we want a second carseat for my daughter for airline travel.

DS has plenty of room left in both his seats, and DD is petite (23lb and very short) so she'll be in the Roundabout for a while. So...

I don't know if I just go ahead, get the Radian 65 for DS, and use the Decathalon as DD's everyday seat, and the Roundabout for travel/spare...OR Do I just get a Scenera, since its lightweight for lugging thru the airport? (DS uses a Cares, DD has been too small until recently).

Honestly, none of the seats will be outgrown for some time, and I'd really like DD to end up in a Regent like big bro, but she's so tiny I think she'll just feel lost in the Regent yet.

Lastly, for the record, we're stuck with two mortgages until our old house sells, so if I can justify spending the $60 on the Scenera now, and get DD the Regent when she outgrows the roundabout, I'd be cool with that. Either scenario, she's gonna outgrow the roundabout and I'm going to have to replace it eventually, so I'll be buying 2 more seats down the road!

Any input would help.

o_mom
01-27-2008, 09:30 PM
When does your Roundabout expire? I would be inclined to spend $40 on the Scenera (Target/Walmart/Kmart, sometimes $35 on sale) and see where you are when she outgrows the Roundabout or it expires. You may find that it is 2 years until that happens and that gives you a whole other set of options.

clc053103
01-27-2008, 09:32 PM
If you really just need the spare seat for travel, given DD's stats I would say get the scenera. I couldn't imagine hauling anything more through the airport! In the future when DD needs a new seat, you won't be under such financial strain and can get that big Regent!

BTW, you can usually find them under $50 at places like Walmart.