PDA

View Full Version : Travel Systems

ZeeBaby
01-27-2008, 09:48 PM
Which car seat/stroller combos do people own and what are your feelings on them?

o_mom
01-27-2008, 10:14 PM
I have a SafeSeat1 and a BabyTrend Snap n' Go. I actually have 9 strollers, three accept infant seats, but I only ever use one (SNG) to put the seat in.

I think that most of the time, you are better off picking a good carseat and a good stroller and not worrying so much about them matching or fitting. The stroller will be used for years longer than the carseat, so snapping in a carseat is only useful for a short time period with that stroller. A stroller frame can fill the gap there. The carseat will be used every day for months, so it better be easy to use so you aren't cursing it. Unfortunately, it seems like most travel systems come with either a crappy stroller, a less user friendly seat or both.

KAK22
01-27-2008, 10:47 PM
When I was pregnant I thought you were "supposed to" get a travel system. We chose it by looking at Consumer Reports (argh!) and by pattern. We were lucky that the Snugride with a front adjuster, but the stroller was HUGE! I ended up scrapping the stroller quickly.

If I had it to do over again I would choose the infant seat I liked for it's features (my new favorite is the Chicco Keyfit) and get a snap n go frame that it would fit in.

Then I would shop around for a more all-purpose higher end stroller when baby was ready for just the stroller.

As it is we are on stroller #5 because I can't seem to find one I like. Thankfully DD is 3 so we hardly use the stroller anymores. It would have been cheaper to just get one really good one to begin with!

ellies mom
01-28-2008, 01:14 AM
We had a Baby Trend car seat with DD1 and it looks like we will be getting another for DD2. DH prefers them over the Snugride. We had an Ingelsina Zippy the first time and since it had an unfortunate accident recently, we will be getting a new one for DD2 as well.

wendibird22
01-28-2008, 12:12 PM
We have the Graco Metrolite and love it. Very small and lightweight. Easy to fold. Sturdy. Snugride and base included. Narrow enough to navigate department store racks.

momtoonegirl
01-28-2008, 01:28 PM
We have a Peg Perego Pliko P3 stroller and Primo Viaggio car seat that we really liked when DD was an infant. They connect together nicely, although they are sold individually and not marketed as a true "travel system".

vtbonita
01-29-2008, 05:06 AM
We got the Chicco KeyFit/Cortina because the Cortina was the only stroller my husband and I both felt comfortable pushing. It is a full-sized stroller, so it's big. However, it is truly a one-hand fold/unfold, and it fits in the trunk of my Accord with room left for other stuff. I find that the stroller maneuvers very easily, and it fully reclines (meaning it can be used without the carseat immediately) and has a 5-point harness.

I really love the KeyFit. It really could not be easier to install and use.

We will probably get a smaller stroller once my son gets a little older, but I've been very, very happy with this travel system.