PDA

View Full Version : Boston/Westford in early March

rlu
01-28-2008, 05:51 PM
I have a trip to Boston/Westford at the beginning of March. DH and I are still trying to determine if I go it alone or if he and DS come along. Part of the decision is how to entertain DS since I'll be occupied during the day. Luckily DS usually naps in the afternoon.

We'd be in Boston for 1 full day (maybe 2 if we take the red-eye) - we're thinking either the Children's Museum or the Aquarium.

Then we have a transition day to Westford.

Then we have 1 full day in Westford - any suggestions? The Butterfly place is open, but in another tread someone mentioned it is small and the walkways narrow. Not sure that would be best place for my active (and loud) 4 year old. It is not clear to me from their website if there would be any butterflies or if it would just be row and row of pupa. We would probably have a car for this day, so suggestions for nearby areas are welcome.

We are considering adding days to the beginning of the trip for more time in Boston, especially if my sis who hasn't been to Boston comes along. If she doesn't, DH and I have been there, so we would focus on stuff that would entertain DS. No duck tours or swan boats at that time of year. DH does not ice skate. Is the zoo worth visiting at that time of year? We hope to visit the Constitution as well as let DS throw the tea overboard (where the heck did I do that?)

Also looking for affordable hotel in Boston if we add extra days. While we'd like a suite, I doubt we'll have the budget for it.

deannanb
01-31-2008, 11:42 PM
we were in boston for one day -
DS 3 and I went to the Children's Museum -
DS 12 and DH went to the science Museum - (not good for a 3 year old)

DS and I then took the MTA to the Science Museum to meet DH and older DS

DS loved the MTA - we looked on the map and figured out where we were going

That was all we did - (we were staying near the beach for a week)

It looks like the Boston Tea Party Ship & Museum is closed
http://www.bostonteapartyship.com/

rlu
02-01-2008, 02:53 PM
Thank you for your experiences. We wondered about the Science Museum for DS.

The "t" was a big part of planned outings with DS as he loves our local lightrail system and he is familiar with the subway idea from watching Calliou (SP?).

We were bummed to read about the closing of the Beaver II ship (a fire!?).

Ultimately we decided I would go solo this time (it's work-related trip we were trying to turn into a vacation) and we'll try to get to Boston when DS is older (and in a different season).

Thanks again!