PDA

View Full Version : Dh and the TV

MamaMolly
01-28-2008, 11:12 PM
He's going to need a big old enema if he doesn't change the channel soon! I think one strong enough to get a 35 inch screen from his a$$ might do! He know I HATE the show Family Guy and yet...there it is! Screaming away on my TV because I had to go an marry an old fart with a twisted sense of humor!

AAAAAAAARRRRGGGGGGHHHH! I'm fuming!!!

And he's not even really watching, he's on the phone antagonizing his brother (who is basically an idiot but can't really help it, but STILL!!!)

AAAARRRRRGGGGGGHHHHH! :32:

So I'm having to listen to the world's most annoying show with the volume totally turned up way too loud and at the same time I'm also having to listen to 1/2 of the world's most annoying conversation...UGH.

Thank you, I feel better now. I think a bubble bath might set my world back on it's happy axis. And a glass of wine...and earplugs ;)

casey0729
01-28-2008, 11:22 PM
Wow. I'm sending you virtual chocolate. Hope you feel better!!

SnuggleBuggles
01-29-2008, 12:18 AM
OMG!! Too funny! I just made dh turn off Family Guy. I hate that show! I used to kind of like it back when it was first new but now I can not stand it. I'm sorry you are stuck watching it. :(

Have a great bubble bath!

Beth

julieakc
01-29-2008, 03:14 AM
As it happens a Family Guy commercial came on as I was reading this.

I feel your pain - that show is so annoying - why do our DH's like it:confused:

Puddy73
01-29-2008, 10:48 AM
I hope that the wine & earplugs helped! :) Family Guy makes my skin crawl, but DH loves it. I can handle his love of the Simpsons, but I just don't get Family Guy.

LarsMal
01-29-2008, 02:55 PM
Ugh...I hate that show, too!

I had to watch HOURS of freakin' political crap again last night. Not only the pre-State of the Union, but then the actual thing, the post stuff, and once that was over on network TV, we had to switch to MSNBC to watch even more! I kinda wish my husband had gone for some brainless TV like Family Guy. At least it would've been over in a 1/2 hour!!!

I finally got the remote around 11:30 and watched all of five minutes of some HGTV something or other before I passed out. Fun Fun!!!

SnuggleBuggles
01-29-2008, 05:07 PM
Ugh...I hate that show, too!

I had to watch HOURS of freakin' political crap again last night. Not only the pre-State of the Union, but then the actual thing, the post stuff, and once that was over on network TV, we had to switch to MSNBC to watch even more! I kinda wish my husband had gone for some brainless TV like Family Guy. At least it would've been over in a 1/2 hour!!!

I finally got the remote around 11:30 and watched all of five minutes of some HGTV something or other before I passed out. Fun Fun!!!

Substitute hockey or baseball for politics and that describes most every night around here. Sigh. We do have 2 tvs but only one tivo. It seems to me that the person watching a live sporting event doesn't need Tivo and can easily go use the other tv "but there's no where comfortable to sit up there." Grrr.

Beth

scoop22
01-29-2008, 07:56 PM
i am so with you on this one. i hate family guy. i am not fond of the simpsons but that is nothing compared to family guy. i can't believe fox put it on at 6:30 every night here. i can get dh to change it some nights. but the simpsons.... ds has started to ask to watch them... no way.

LarsMal
01-29-2008, 11:32 PM
Substitute hockey or baseball for politics and that describes most every night around here. Sigh. We do have 2 tvs but only one tivo. It seems to me that the person watching a live sporting event doesn't need Tivo and can easily go use the other tv "but there's no where comfortable to sit up there." Grrr.

Beth

We have other tvs, too, but we're too lazy to get out of bed and go downstairs to watch! Our Tivo is not working right now, and I can't tell you how many times I've heard, "If Tivo was working we wouldn't HAVE this problem!" MEN! It's not my fault Tivo doesn't work when the alarm system is activated!

casey0729
01-30-2008, 12:42 AM
Wait until he asks to watch South Park!

i am so with you on this one. i hate family guy. i am not fond of the simpsons but that is nothing compared to family guy. i can't believe fox put it on at 6:30 every night here. i can get dh to change it some nights. but the simpsons.... ds has started to ask to watch them... no way.

elektra
01-30-2008, 02:08 AM
My DH prefers Dirty Jobs or Mythbusters. I guess I have it a bit easier! Although I find it quite sad when we are both in the same house, watching separate programs in separate rooms, because either I refuse to watch Dirty Jobs or DH refuses to watch one of my shows. Sometimes I wish we could just keep the d#$@ TV off!

dr mom
01-30-2008, 02:19 PM
Sometimes I wish we could just keep the d#$@ TV off!

My solution, admittedly drastic, was to turn off the cable permanently.

We kept one TV so DS can watch an occasional DVD. We also signed up for Netflix, but DH and I still can't agree on anything to watch together, so we're usually watching alone - but now it's once or twice a week, not the default option every evening.

The best part: keeping commercial television OUT of our home, and away from my child. Advertisers target children, trying to turn them into consumers before they even start school, and I didn't want my DS to be subjected to those influences.

s7714
02-01-2008, 07:17 PM
My solution, admittedly drastic, was to turn off the cable permanently.

LOL yeah, I think my DH would possibly divorce me if I told him I was going to cancel our service.

DH and I both have differing tastes in what we watch (yes, he's a Family Guy fan too--I hate that show), but we kind of go by the motto that if you don't like what's on you're more than welcome to leave the room. Oh and if you're on the phone, you automatically loose possession of the remote. ;) Although we have TIVO so I can just pause what he was watching and switch it to something else.