PDA

View Full Version : Foogo in the dishwasher?

kristenk
01-28-2008, 11:38 PM
Do you put your Thermos Foogos in the dishwasher? DH tossed all of the packaging but mentioned that it recommended hand washing but said that washing in the dishwasher is allowed.

I don't want to mess up these cups, but the dishwasher would be so much easier!

kaitlinsmommy
01-29-2008, 01:12 AM
Unfortunately, they are not supposed to go in the dishwasher. I actually have the Thermos funtainer, but I think they're the same thing. I called Thermos CS to order replacement straws & they told me to not even put the straws in the dw. Such a bummer!

asha
01-29-2008, 01:18 AM
I remember reading the directions. I dont have them now, so I cannot double check.
They said they are safe to go in the top rack only. However, they recommend hand washing.

Asha

kayte
01-29-2008, 12:10 PM
It clearly states on their website that the Foogo are top-rack dishwasher safe.

http://www.thermos.com/Product_detail.aspx?CatCode=Foog&SubcategoryID=44&ProductID=738

http://www.thermos.com/careuseFoogo_SB.aspx

HTH

bubbaray
01-29-2008, 12:40 PM
I hand wash mine. Along with my KKs. Its starting to get rather *old* though....

kristenk
01-29-2008, 01:27 PM
Thanks for all of the responses. It looks like I can wash them in the top rack of the dishwasher or handwash them. It seems that everyone who has responded is handwashing them. I think I'll stick with that and save the top rack of the dishwasher for dire Foogo emergencies!

daisymommy
01-29-2008, 03:19 PM
What will happen if you put them in the dishwasher too much I wonder? Because ummm....I have been ONLY putting them in the dishwasher. I hope they don't pit or fall apart or something!

CiderLogan
01-29-2008, 04:23 PM
It bothers me that the packaging says (on the front, I believe) "dishwasher safe," but the inside materials say handwashing recommended. That's annoying. They shouldn't use it as a selling point if they can't stand behind it.

I put ours in the DW, top rack. I figure the HW recommendation is so they can avoid any liability if parts melt. We've had ours for a few weeks and washed them every day in the DW with no problems (yet).

btw, I love the straw cup even more than I expected to - it is perfect for my 20 mo old.