PDA

View Full Version : Did anyone else watch the "new" miss america or the reality show?

elaineandmichaelsmommy
01-29-2008, 03:01 AM
I caught a couple of them and thought it was a little odd. But I'll admit the girls looked a lot better after their "makeovers". I also didn't like the way they did the pagent this year. It seemed cheapened in a way. Usually they just call out the finallists and let the loosers mope in peace and quiet but this year they made all those poor women sit on the stage through the whole thing. Just cruel :nono: Did anyone else catch any of this?

happy2bamom
01-29-2008, 09:30 AM
I must admit that I watched it. I get embarassed that I watch reality TV, but it seems like the only thing on these days. I agree, some of it was odd. I don't think that anyone on the advisory board was an actual judge for the pageant. So I wonder why their opinions mattered so much to the women? I also thought that as much time as they spent "modernizing" the women, the talent portion of the pageant still seemed really dated to me. The singing voices and the dancing isn't anything that you would see in mainstream entertainment today.

I thought that the rejected women handled it very gracefully. At one point the host went over and talked to the "rejects" and one made a very humorous comment.

When they finally did narrow the field and crown the new winner, was that set-up different? I didn't like that after all the runner-ups were announced, there were still 3-4 women up there. I thought that was mean. So those remaining women either won the whole thing OR they didn't even place in the top 5. That seemed rude to me. But, I will admit that in the past I probably wouldn't have watched the pageant. So there reality show atleast got them one new viewer.

trales
01-29-2008, 10:20 AM
I also found it a little odd. I agree that the talent portion seems outdated. They did look a lot better after the makeovers though.

I will admit, halfway through the pagent I turned it off in favor of the Vicar of Dibly on PBS.