PDA

View Full Version : Unusually Sized Changing Pad

jeniq
01-29-2008, 11:10 AM
I purchased a used changing table from Craig's List. It's a really nice table, in good condition that I got for cheap. The seller said it came from Sam's club about 5 years ago.
The table resembles the Honey Classic Changing Table available from Pottery Barn:
http://www.potterybarnkids.com/products/c430/index.cfm?pkey=cfrnchg%7Cb&&bnrid=3582401&cm_ven=Gravity_Stream&cm_cat=Natural_Search&cm_pla=generic&cm_ite=N/A
in that there is a compartment for the changing pad on the left, and a few small compartments on the right.

The size of the compartment measures 17" x 27", which is several inches shorter than all the standard changing pads I've seen out there, most of which measure 17" x 32". The table came with a soft, floppy pad that does fit the space, but we'd like to use one of the contoured pads that has the safety belt on it.

Can anyone provide advice about where to find an unusual sized pad, or why the standard size pads don't fit? Thanks!!

grace
01-31-2008, 05:09 PM
We bought a changing table from Ikea and just realized that it is smaller than the standard 32" changing pads. It measures about 29". I found a 30" contoured changing pad on Target.com by LA Baby. One of the reviewers on Target.com had said they were able to cut the cardboard at the bottom and get it to fit into a 26 or 27" compartment. We just received the pad this week and the 30" pad seems to fit fine on our changing table without altering. Hope this helps. The 30" pad was the shortest that I was able to find online.

jeniq
01-31-2008, 06:10 PM
That's helpful. I've been 1) too lazy to go to the store to look at the pads and 2) wondering if I could successfully cut down a pad.

My husband also found a website or two where they'll custom make pads to your specs. And there are also pads for the bassinet part of the pack and play, which might fit. But those aren't contoured.

Happy 2B mommy
02-05-2008, 11:01 AM
I also picked mine up used, it also came with 5 baskets. I finially found a contoured pad made by Rumble Tuff (they had lots of odd sizes) I paid about $25 -30 for it. The only odd thing about the pad is that the straps are more in the middle of the pad, rather than on the outside, but I think it holds baby more securely than the other ones. PITA for covers, so I just cut holes in the cover where I needed them. Works great!

Just a heads up, as your little one grows, s/he will kick the diapers, cream, wipes in the handy smaller compartments. We just put a small shelf on the wall above the table to hold that stuff.

I love this table. Very sturdy and TONS of storage!

Kerri
Dd 11/06

tyness
02-12-2008, 10:25 PM
Grace - Which changing table did you get from Ikea? We bought the Hemnes and have not been able to find a changing pad that fits it yet.