PDA

View Full Version : I'm so dang hungry ALL THE TIME!

gatorsmom
01-29-2008, 05:17 PM
So why aren't I losing any weight? I never have time to eat and with exclusively bfing twins I'm so hungry and thirsty all the time. So why aren't I losing any weight? NONE of my tops fit me because the girls are so big (each one is sustaining a 11 pound baby so you can imagine) and I hate the thought of buying larger sizes when I won't be wearing them next year at this time.

thanks for letting me vent. PLEASE do not attempt to explain why I'm not losing weight or give me suggestions how to. I'll admit that if I REALLY wanted my butt to get smaller, I'd exercise (well, if I had time, I would). I really just felt like venting.

bubbaray
01-29-2008, 05:26 PM
Right there with ya -- I'm so freakin' hungry its NOT funny.

Yeah, I should exercise too -- except I don't have the twin excuse. Maybe your nanny could give you 30 min to walk or something? How about a treadmill? I'm thinking of getting one.

I'm down to my pre-PG weight, but let me tell ya, things don't fit the same and I'm just "soft". Ugh.

SnuggleBuggles
01-29-2008, 05:26 PM
I'm having a hard time adjusting to not being pg anymore. Now that I can see my flabby belly I actually have to consider whether I should actually eat that cookie or not. :) I am waiting for the bf'ing to melt the weight off by magic like it did last time.

Beth

gatorsmom
01-29-2008, 05:55 PM
See, that's sooo not fair. I'd love to have the weight just melt off. Breastfeeding is really a big sacrifice I make for my kids. Because with both of the previous 2 kiddos I only lost a significant amount of weight AFTER i stopped bfing. Seriously, I lost a solid 10 pounds 2 weeks after I stopped bfing and the weight just kept falling off after that. Before that, very little happened. So not fair.

SnuggleBuggles
01-29-2008, 07:17 PM
See, that's sooo not fair. I'd love to have the weight just melt off. Breastfeeding is really a big sacrifice I make for my kids. Because with both of the previous 2 kiddos I only lost a significant amount of weight AFTER i stopped bfing. Seriously, I lost a solid 10 pounds 2 weeks after I stopped bfing and the weight just kept falling off after that. Before that, very little happened. So not fair.

If it's any consolation all the weight that melted off came back on as soon as he weaned at 19 months. That ticked me off. :( This time I will take any loss and hold onto it tight!

Beth

StantonHyde
01-29-2008, 07:57 PM
I'm with you. Breastfeeding was a sacrifice for me. My body held a good 10 pounds--and that was with 1 small baby. If I were bfing twins, I would be huge too. And then, once I quit bfing after the first bday, the weight fell off. Except for after DD, now I am still carrying almost 10 pounds :-) At this point, there is no reasonable way you are going to lose weight. (At this point you need SLEEP) Hell, buy some bigger tops, vent away, and eat everything you want!!!!! In a year, it will be different. I had just had to keep repeating that to myself. Seriously, I went to Dress Barn and bought 2 pairs of dress pants that I wore for a year, plus another pair of jeans and 3 twill pants. That way I didn't have to squeeze into everything.

lizajane
01-29-2008, 08:49 PM
i LOVE my walmart "faded glory" tee shirts for $6!!! grab a few! you will be comfy and a comfy mom is a happy mom.

as for the weight... it hasn't been that long!! hang in there!!! and ya know, you may need MORE calories to get your metabolism going!!! there is nothing better than a great reason to eat more food!!! make DH go out and buy your fav snacks in BULK so you have a big ol' box of something yummy right beside your nursing spot. :)

you have the rest of your life to wear those tops in your closet. for now, just enjoy eating whenever you are able to find the time.

and FWIW, i am working out 6x per week, for about 45 min each time and i have lost, in 4 weeks, 5lbs. yes. 5. so put your feet up and forget about exercise for now. you are getting plenty from picking up 22lbs worth of baby!!!

SnuggleBuggles
01-29-2008, 09:38 PM
Btw, in one of my breatfeeding books it says the peak point for weight loss is 3-6 months pp when milk production is really high.

Beth

MommytoEliana
01-29-2008, 10:23 PM
I'm with you, Lisa! DS is 10.5 months and I think I've finally lost a couple of pounds...for the first time since about 8 weeks post-partum. I have no expectations of the rest coming off until after he weans and I truly commit to getting the weight off. I've decided the "breastfeeding promotes weight loss" belief is a myth...at least for my body. With DD it didn't come off until after she weaned, and then only because I really committed to it...and even then I couldn't get rid of the last ten pounds.

That said, you're caring for four children, two of them practically newborns, and breastfeeding two! Rest when you can, eat when you can, and let the future take care of itself! I so admire you for breastfeeding the babies; that has got to be a huge challenge with twins.

gatorsmom
01-29-2008, 11:15 PM
You know, it's actually much easier nursing the twins than bottle feeding them. Really, I can't imagine formula feeding 2 babies. All the bottles to clean and waking up in the night to get bottles ready- I got a big twins nursing pillow and latch them on at the same time. All three of us know the drill by now and it takes about 10 minutes to get them fed. At night I cosleep with them (I kicked DH to the guest room) and I just latch one on and go to sleep until the other one fusses. then I switch sides of the bed and do the same with the other baby! I can't imagine having triplets or more. Now THAT would be too hard.

MommytoEliana
01-30-2008, 12:31 AM
You know, it's actually much easier nursing the twins than bottle feeding them. <snip> At night I cosleep with them (I kicked DH to the guest room) and I just latch one on and go to sleep until the other one fusses. then I switch sides of the bed and do the same with the other baby! I can't imagine having triplets or more. Now THAT would be too hard.

I'm still impressed. You're lucky they are speedy eaters (or at least it sounds like they are). I've been fortunate with DS in that he chows down quickly and gains weight easily. With DD it was a 45-minute process until she was about 8 months old...and she didn't gain weight well, either.

Sounds like your nursing pillow is the way to go! IF 1) we end up deciding on a third, and 2) it ends up being a third and a fourth, I'll have to remember that. :-)

Momof3Labs
01-30-2008, 11:26 AM

That's exactly what happened to me with DS1. DS2 hasn't weaned yet, so not sure if it will happen again, but I am holding on to the same 10lbs again. My SIL dropped like 20lbs below pre-preg weight (which wasn't that high to begin with) while nursing, and kept it off after weaning. Grrr...

Hang in there - it's just the way your body works, and it knows what it needs to do to sustain your babies! The weight will slide off when it is time!

egoldber
01-30-2008, 11:47 AM
I'm with you. I dropped maybe 20 pounds immediately postpartum with Amy, but I've held on to the rest. :( Breastfeeding for me has never made the pounds melt away.

JTsMom
01-30-2008, 11:54 AM
I guess I missed the day they handed out bf'ing weight loss, b/c it sure didn't help me any. I'm so glad to hear nursing is going well for you though! That's a heck of an accomplishment! I second the cheapy T-shirt rec. I bought a bunch of Old Navy V-necks, then turned them into PJ tops.

gatorsmom
01-30-2008, 12:28 PM
nak- very good idea about turning the t's into pj's when i'm done. thx!

trales
01-30-2008, 12:44 PM
I may have returned to my pre-preg weight but not the body.
1. My cute perky little rump, is now sad, flat and saggy
2. The roundness of my old rump is now on my belly
3. My nice curly light hair, it's now darker and flatter
4. The girls, well they are bigger, but not ready to be pushed up into cleavage, they have too many stretch marks
5. The body hair growth. I think I need a personal waxer. I have a furry belly. I don't need to do a little clean up to wear a bathing suit, I need to start at my knee and work up. I have always had to wax my lip every 6 weeks or so, now every 2 weeks I look like the former Brawny man. Eyebrow plucking, I now have to pluck above the eyebrow to mid forehead. I think my sideburns are growing down to my chin. My feet look like Hobbit feet.

If we decide to have number two, I might look more like a gorilla than a human by the end.

WARNING TMI - I tried the self body/ bikini wax, don't do it. The box calls at you like a siren, what a frigging disaster. Bruising and I still have hair growth. Next time I pay someone.

Lovingliv
02-02-2008, 11:05 PM
You know, it's actually much easier nursing the twins than bottle feeding them. Really, I can't imagine formula feeding 2 babies. All the bottles to clean and waking up in the night to get bottles ready- I got a big twins nursing pillow and latch them on at the same time. All three of us know the drill by now and it takes about 10 minutes to get them fed. At night I cosleep with them (I kicked DH to the guest room) and I just latch one on and go to sleep until the other one fusses. then I switch sides of the bed and do the same with the other baby! I can't imagine having triplets or more. Now THAT would be too hard.

YOU ROCK!!!!!!!