PDA

View Full Version : Here I am again...Can we talk projectiles?

bisous
01-30-2008, 02:20 AM
Sorry! Its me again. I've been talking to DH about our new setup and how much safer it is and he mentioned that while he is happy I'll be keeping DS2 rearfacing for a long time he is worried about projectiles from our "trunk" area (we have a CRV). What are the rules about stuff in the back? I think he has an excellent point about the cargo in our vehicle becoming a major safety issue. What can be done? Specifically, we usually have a stroller in the back, an emergency kit and often groceries or other shopping bags. How can I more safely transport these items? Does this mean that our monthly Costco trip will have to be without kids?

Thanks again!

Jen

WatchingThemGrow
01-30-2008, 08:55 AM
We use bungee cords to strap things down in our CR-V. There are convenient little hooks built into the sides. I don't do some stuff, but I was strapping down the stroller before I got a double. I do feel better knowing the CR-V that I have has a very deep cargo area and most of my goods are way down there. Some SUV models - and the new CR-V have a high shelf that makes thing seem like that would be easier to launch as projectiles. Hmmm....