PDA

View Full Version : Making archives of a blog?

KBecks
01-30-2008, 09:27 AM
I'm new at blogging and creating blogs as online scrapbooks for each of my boys. I'm just starting but before I get too far, I want to have a method of backing up and preserving the work....

I'm using blogger right now (and I think I've succeeded in setting up the blogs as 100% private), but I could switch to something else, and I could work on these blogs offline. I'd be willing to pay somewhat for a software package if it's not excessive. I have an external HD at home to back up to also.

Thanks for your suggestions!

belovedgandp
01-30-2008, 11:09 AM
I started a blog about a year and a half ago and love it! Be sure to have fun with it.

I too use Blogger. I actually have a very low-tech back-up system. I should ask my techno-geek husband for a better idea, but so far this has worked.

Monthly, I pull up the current posts for the entire month. I just select all from my browser and copy/paste it into MSWord. I have a document for each month. The "stuff" (yes, I'm so technically inclined) at the top and bottom of the page looks a little screwy, but my material and pictures look fine.