PDA

View Full Version : My diamond fell out again!

Pennylane
01-30-2008, 10:20 AM
So I just look down at my ring and one of the smaller diamonds on the side has fallen out again! My husband had my engagement ring redone about 3 yrs ago. It has fallen out once before but was replaced for free since I had just had it reset.

I was so good about taking in for the twice yearly inspections which would keep it insured against anything like this but the store shut down and I forgot to take it into the new place. So now I am going to be stuck paying for it.

Bummer!

Ann

gatorsmom
01-30-2008, 12:23 PM
It sounds to me like you need a MUCH bigger diamond- you know, one that chips the tile and makes a large bang when it falls out of your ring next time. ;).

Pennylane
01-30-2008, 01:10 PM
It sounds to me like you need a MUCH bigger diamond- you know, one that chips the tile and makes a large bang when it falls out of your ring next time. ;).

I totally agree, maybe a 4 or 5 carat! Luckily, it was just a small one on the side of my larger stone...How much could those cost??

Ann

niccig
01-30-2008, 01:52 PM

I agree, much much bigger, something really obvious.

My wedding band keeps coming off, I nearly lost it in a parking lot once. It can't be resized as it's an eternity band of diamonds. A friend is a jeweler and in front of DH he said the only way to keep it on would be to buy another ring that can be resized to go on top of it. So, now I'm dropping big hints... And I have to wonder, this friend has had my ring for 3 weeks, he was getting it cleaned for me, and he's been calling DH (unusual) and DH said he's already got my valentine's present. Mmmmm, I wonder....

kozachka
01-31-2008, 03:18 AM
Hugs. I had this happen to me once but my cleaning lady, who I alerted, was able to find the small diamond. I think it was because we had hard wood floor in the bedroom in the place we lived in than. Last week my mom has found her earing she thought she lost in the doctor's office couple months ago. It was stuck to her sweater. So hope you can find your stone. And if not, replace it with another one for cheap.