PDA

View Full Version : Babycenter.com embarrassing registry problems

dadsoonenough
01-30-2008, 08:15 PM
So we registered a handful of necessities with babycenter.com and found out last week that there are ongoing problems with the registry. For example, if someone views your registry, clicks on a stroller to see what they would be buying for you, adds that stroller to their shopping cart, and pays for it... it does not show up as being purchased in your registry! Luckily a relative happened to buy something, and when she checked the registry again, she noticed this.

Last week I called babycenter.com, and they told me that they "are working on it as fast as they can". I called back today and got the exact same reply. Meanwhile I don't know if my wife and I will be receiving duplicates at the shower - an obviously uncomfortable situation if it were to arise. I do know that if I were to go buy a present for someone from their "wish list" or "registry", I would go about it that same way: click on item, inspect it, decide to buy it, add it to my cart, and check out.

Here's my two cents for a quick-fix that I recommended to babycenter.com both times I phoned them:
Add a very simple line of text in bold red stating Please make sure you purchase items through this registry page, or they will not be marked as purchased in the registry. Simple enough, huh? I just did it on this posting, for goodness sake! But adding a line of text (one of the easiest things to do in web design) seems not to be within their power. BUT I guarantee that if they had a problem on the credit card information page taking your credit card number, that would be fixed in a matter of moments!

Unbelievable and entirely reminiscent of the ongoing, increasing problems that consumers have to endure...

jhrabosk
01-31-2008, 06:02 PM
This is totally frustrating, but not uncommon. It happens at the B&M baby stores too. Last week, at my stepsister's shower, we had bought her a Snap N Go and she received another one from someone else.

Don't spend a moment worrying about embarrassment...you have many more important things to worry about. People will just laugh and move on to the next gift.

MamaMolly
01-31-2008, 10:34 PM
Make sure that they have an easy return policy. It sounds like you may have a few things to take back and the problem is on their end. KWIM?