PDA

View Full Version : Spin-Off Of Potty Thread

randomkid
01-31-2008, 12:24 AM
There were such great suggestions in that thread that I thought I would start my own. DD just turned 3yo a couple of weeks ago. She had been doing great with going pee on the potty (we also have constipation/pooping issues, so none of that on the potty, yet). She was actually using the toilet so well that I put the little potty away. She can manage her clothes, pee, wipe, flush and wash hands with minimal help (mostly for hand washing).

So, she turned 3 and the whole thing fell apart. I can't think of anything AT ALL that would cause her to regress/rebel. First, she wanted the little potty and when I told her no, she could use the toilet, she proceeded to go get the potty, put it in the bathroom and use it. We have now regressed to the point of not going on the potty or toilet at all. I've tried rewards, praise, etc and she just won't do it. She flat out refuses. I know not to fight her on this as it will just become a power struggle and I don't want to go down that road. I think we started down it and that may be why we are where we are now.

Has anyone else had similar experiences? How did you work through it? She loves dolls right now and I'm looking for a potty doll, but am not sure if it's worth the effort. Help and advice needed, please!