PDA

View Full Version : Q? about PNP

ha98ed14
01-31-2008, 01:54 PM
Someone gave us a PNP they had used for their DC. I went to set it up this morning, and I think there is something wrong:

I locked all the horozontal bars on all 4 sides and then pushed down the red ring in the center, and everything clicked into place fine. The PNP was standing up, tight. I thought it all looked good. But then I saw words written on the bottom that said "After setting up, pull on red ring to be sure it is locked" or something similar. So I did, and the ring lifted up. I didn't turn it or anything, and it was in the "locked" position according to the position drawings. This is not supposed to happen, right? Anyone know how to fix it? Should I just junk it?

hellokitty
01-31-2008, 02:37 PM
As far as I know, the purpose of pulling the red ring is for the PNP to break down to be packed away. To make sure I had everything locked down I always pushed down on the sides (bars on top) to make sure everything was locked in and it always worked. You can tell when it's not locked into place, if it's locked, the fabric will be very tight. I think your PNP is fine, that is weird about the directions on the red ring, I will have to look next time I am at my parents' or in laws' to see what ours says...

jerigirl
01-31-2008, 04:15 PM
I agree with hellokitty. I think that is to fold it up. As long as the side rails are locked in place and the bottom is pushed down I think it is fine. Mine doesn't have a ring- just a red loop to grab to pull up the bottom. My manual doesn't say anything about pulling on it to check if it is locked. If it would make you feel better, call the company to double check. I think you are fine.

jeri

ha98ed14
01-31-2008, 05:15 PM
Thanks gals, I called and they said it was fine. The bottom lifts up a little but as long as the sides are firmly up, its fine. You do actually have to turn the red handle to get it to collapse the sides. So we are good to go...