PDA

View Full Version : Question about a PNP

ha98ed14
01-31-2008, 01:57 PM
Someone gave us a PNP they had used for their DC. I went to set it up this morning, and I think there is something wrong:

I locked all the horozontal bars on all 4 sides and then pushed down the red ring in the center, and everything clicked into place fine. The PNP was standing up, tight. I thought it all looked good. But then I saw words written on the bottom that said "After setting up, pull on red ring to be sure it is locked" or something similar. So I did, and the ring lifted up. I didn't turn it or anything, and it was in the "locked" position according to the position drawings. This is not supposed to happen, right? Anyone know how to fix it? Should I just junk it?

bubbaray
01-31-2008, 02:33 PM
I'd call the manufacturer's CS number. If I wasn't completely sure that it was safe, I wouldn't use it.

jhrabosk
01-31-2008, 03:54 PM
Go back and look at it again and check what it says. Pulling up that red ring (in the center of the floor of the PNP, right?) is the first step in taking it apart.

You might give that red ring a gentle tug to make sure it doesn't pull up easily, but pulling it firmly will "unlock" everything.