PDA

View Full Version : Need Disneyland hotel recommendations

teachermommy
02-01-2008, 03:00 PM
I'm in the process of trying to plan a spring trip to Disneyland. My husband, myself, and two kids ages 5 and 8 will be traveling. I'm using Costco.com to make the arrangements and am looking at traveling at the end of February or the end of March to take advantage of the "Kids fly free" deals. Now I just need to pick a hotel. I've never been to Disneyland and need a good recommendation for a moderate hotel. We'd like to be close enough to walk, but don't need a lot of extras. So long as it's clean and has a pool we'll be happy. Thanks.

DDowning
02-02-2008, 01:26 PM
I live in the area and don't have a lot of experience with the hotels themselves but a lot of people like Howard Johnson's across the street near the main entrance on Harbor. Its an older hotel but clean and you literally walk across the street to get to the entrance plaza.

luvmypeanut
02-05-2008, 06:17 PM
I've heard great things about the Candy Cane Inn and the Carousel Inn. I think the Candy Cane Inn has their own shuttle? But it doesn't matter because it's a short walk to the park anyways.

Tondi G
02-07-2008, 02:51 PM
I've stayed at the HoJo and it is decent. just ask them for a room as far away from the freeway as they can get you!

A friend of mine stayed at the Best Western Park place Inn ... it is directly across the street on Harbor Blvd right by the main gate! She said it was alright... the closeness factor was great!

Another Hotel to look into is the Sheraton Anaheim. It is behind Disneyland, Might be walkable still, but they offer shuttle service to the park. Apparently the view of the fireworks from their parking lot is great! The hotel is really nice looking from the outside... and our neighbors stayed there and LOVED it! She said she wouldn't pay the price for the Disneyland hotel again cause they had such a nice experience for a much better price!!!! I would look into this one for sure!

Good Luck... hope this helps!

mdb78
02-19-2008, 11:14 PM
I used to work for the disney travel company (for disneyland) and the most requested moderate hotels located across the street were the Anaheim Fairfield inn, Tropicana, and the Carousel inn. I stayed at the Fairfield Inn and it was nice and clean. I also did a tour of the Carousel inn, and its also nice and clean. At the Carousel and Tropicana you get a continental breakfast as well. All three have a pool and if I remember correctly, the Carousel has a rooftop pool.

Emmas Mom
03-02-2008, 02:06 AM
After much looking around I just booked us into the Holiday Inn Anaheim resort because they have what's called a Kids Fun room. Basically it's a hotel room with a separate room for the kids with a bunk bed (though we'll only use the bottom bunk & a sleeping bag or mat on the floor for our littlest). We were looking for a separate room though so that when the girls go to sleep we can stay up & watch TV or what have you. Ours don't fall asleep well with lights/TV on.

Tondi G
03-06-2008, 02:20 PM
If you want a family suite kinda option our friends once stayed at the Portofino Inn and Suites and loved the bunkbed room they offered!

http://www.portofinoinnanaheim.com/kid_suites.php

don't know if it makes a difference now but I figured I would throw it out there!

spencersmommy
03-14-2008, 12:43 AM
We just went and I used priceline. We got 2 nights in the Anaheim Hilton for $50 a night! It was nice, we even got upgraded to a new room. Two queens, so we each slept with a child. the shuttle was only $3 a person, a good deal I thought. We use priceline all the time now. Last time we went to Disneyland, we stayed at the Hilton Suites (a little further away, but nice!) and had a suite. Again, $50 a night!
Good luck!

traumarn
03-17-2008, 06:00 AM
there are 3 hotels ON the property. the least expensive one(but still nice) is the paradise pier..we've stayed there several times. you can pay a very few $more and get a bkfst w/ the major characters dressed up in costume running around. you also get in the park 1 hr earlier, and you don't pay for parking(or it's figured in- but only once- you can come/go at will)
the price was pretty decent, and with subsequent stays, we usually get upgraded to 'concierge level'- that's REALLY nice(worth the $ if you can manage it)- free bottles of water to take into the park, a wine/cheese thing-free- in-room movie rentals- free(BUT get the movies WHEN YOU GET THERE- nothing good is left by 3pm)
hope all this helps!!!!
ps
they also shuttle you to/from the airport- saving more $

momofjandl
04-27-2008, 04:49 PM
We're going in May and staying at Hojos for a variety of reasons.

If you have an Entertainment book there are certain days that offer a special ent rate. We are getting 2 of our 4 nights for $59. Hojos also has a new pool going in currently and should be ready mid to end summer.

momofjandl
04-27-2008, 04:50 PM
We're going in May and staying at Hojos for a variety of reasons.

If you have an Entertainment book there are certain days that offer a special ent rate. We are getting 2 of our 4 nights for $59. Hojos also has a new pool going in currently and should be ready mid to end summer.

edited to add that Hojos is one of the closer walking distance hotels. I think the time frame is in the 7 min range.