PDA

View Full Version : UPDATE Know anything about implantation spotting? TMI

Sugar Magnolia
02-01-2008, 03:26 PM
Update....
Tested 3 days before my period was due and it was negative. But my period is still MIA. And the past 2 nights I have had to pee in the night. So if this continues I will poas again. I have warmed up to the thought of a fourth (!) so we will see how this plays out!

I am going to post here, because there is no one IRL who would know, at the same time I don't want anyone to know yet.

My cycles are very regular although we do not chart. Day 22 I had slight streaking/spotting when I went to the bathroom. Day 24 same thing. Both happened first thing in the morning and only once. Both days I had cramping all morning. My cycles are 29 days.

We are not trying to get pregnant at all. This would be a shock but we would get over it.

When is the earliest I could test? I don't know why I am so stressed out about this. But I have NEVER had this happen before!

TIA
Amy

kellyd
02-01-2008, 03:47 PM
I think it's an answer test that you can use 4 days before you're supposed to get your pd. But if your body isn't producing enough hcg yet you'll get a false negative. I'd get a multi pack so you can try again after a day or so.

Good luck!

HIU8
02-01-2008, 03:49 PM
With DD we were really trying so I wanted to test all the time. I ended up buying a bunch of dollar store tests. Way less expensive and you can still test early.

JulieL
02-01-2008, 03:51 PM
So say your typical cycle is 28 days: Menses start day 1-7, ovulation say the 14th, implantation spotting can happen any where from 3+ days from ovulation, including the first month or two of a pregnancy. If it's really implantation, I would test in two to three days the earliest, and that probably is too soon. Really you need to wait 7 days from implantation for a good reading.

It is not abnormal for your cycle characteristics to change as you age though, this could be your new norm.

Also I found out from TCOYF that 10% of women bleed when the ovulation. I found out while charting that I was that 10% and just never noticed before that it occured with the time I ovulated. And ovulation can make you cramp even after it occured. So relax it could be just normal female stuff that you personally haven't experiance yet :)

lizajane
02-01-2008, 03:56 PM
i tested maybe 3-4 days early and it was positive. and i had implantation cramps. but no spotting.

elektra
02-01-2008, 04:21 PM
When it's possible you may be pregnant, I think those 14-20 or so days between ovulation and when your period is due are like the longest days EVER!
Even when I was actually pregnant, the positive test did not show up until about 2 days after my period was due. I felt like I "knew" I was pregnant, so I tested starting about 4 days before AF was due, and got negatives up until the 2 days after. So IMO, you really just have to wait it out to know for sure. Not what you want to hear, I know. I was dying to know as soon as possible and it just didn't happen for me.

Sugar Magnolia
02-01-2008, 04:38 PM
So relax it could be just normal female stuff that you personally haven't experiance yet :)

Thank you for this! That is what am hoping, but when you google "spotting mid cycle" you get all sorts of implantation stuff and it just mad me super nervous.

Thank you to everyone else who responded. I think I will wait it out until my period is due and if its late, then test.

I have been like clock work for 6 month, but you never know!

Clarity
02-01-2008, 04:48 PM
I tested the day that I had what I suspected was implantation bleeding. That was probably around day 26. It was positive!

scoop22
02-02-2008, 09:56 AM
i had implantation bleeding this time around. i tested a week later and it was postive. as a pp stated i bought the ones from the dollar tree. then you can do it when you please for that money.. best wishes! keep us posted.

bubbaray
02-02-2008, 11:12 AM
You could test on day 26 (4 days before day 1, which is the first day of bleeding). I've always used First Reponse Early....

Good luck!

Sugar Magnolia
02-13-2008, 09:18 AM
Updated original post!