PDA

View Full Version : Disney off property recommendations?

amyhome1
02-01-2008, 04:36 PM
I am looking for a hotel to compare to the Disney resorts.

I need one that provides free transportation to WDW, and isn't too far away.

Any suggestions?

Momof3Labs
02-01-2008, 08:52 PM
Can't help with suggestions, but note that free transportation to the parks usually means transportation to the Transportation & Ticket Center, where you must catch another bus to the parks. And the free transportation usually isn't continuous through the day. There's no way I'd stay offsite without a rental car.

Have you considered renting a condo or house? It's cheaper than you'd expect!

hellokitty
02-01-2008, 09:49 PM
Have you considered renting a condo or house? It's cheaper than you'd expect!

I want to second Lori's suggestion for a condo or house rental. We did this for our honeymoon when we went to WDW (we went with another couple though, b/c they didn't get a chance to go on their honeymoon, since she had to take some board exams after her wedding) and we LOVED it. We had a house to ourselves, full kitchen, no obnoxiously close hotel neighbors, we had several bedrooms to choose from AND we went swimming at night after we got back from the park (it was a screened in pool). The price of the rental will depend on whether you go during the on or off season. We went in june, not really high season, b/c it's really hot in FL during that time. I wish I could remember which rental agency we went with, we were very happy with them, and the other couple trusted me to take care of the arrangements (and admitted that they were nervous we'd get stuck in a dump) and all of us were very happy with what we ended up with. It exceeded our expectations. Oh, and even if we didn't split the price of the house, it still wasn't that bad. If you have a large group, definitely go with a rental. You'll save $ too by being able to fix some meals at the house.

hez
02-01-2008, 11:08 PM
We've stayed several times at the Embassy Suites:

http://tinyurl.com/ywvcdz

Did not use the transportation option-- we were in town for other events each time we visited Disney, and had a rental car. Breakfast was pretty darn good every time.

alexsmommy
02-02-2008, 09:53 AM
We leave tomorrow and will stay offsite in a suite. I'll update.
I will say, we are renting a car. I want the option of coming back whenever the kids need to - even if its a hike to and from the rental car, that's better than being stuck standing around waiting if someone is tired or sick or has gone through both outfits I'm packing...I can think of lots of things that could go wrong that would be made better by having our own transport.

raymiesmommy
02-19-2008, 03:29 PM
We just got back from staying at Bahama Bay Resort. We booked it at bookit.com and got a three bedroom, two bath condo for $89 per night plus tax. It is a huge condo complex with lots of pools, etc.. Plus you have your own kitchen which is a great money saver. They offer transportation to the parks for $11 per person, so you are probably better off renting a car. Renting a car from the Orlando airport is usually pretty inexpensive. My parents are down there for the winter, so we just used their car. So, I don't know any current rates for cars. But, I think the $89 special is going for a while yet for the condos.

hellokitty
02-19-2008, 06:29 PM
We just got back from staying at Bahama Bay Resort. We booked it at bookit.com and got a three bedroom, two bath condo for $89 per night plus tax. It is a huge condo complex with lots of pools, etc.. Plus you have your own kitchen which is a great money saver. They offer transportation to the parks for $11 per person, so you are probably better off renting a car. Renting a car from the Orlando airport is usually pretty inexpensive. My parents are down there for the winter, so we just used their car. So, I don't know any current rates for cars. But, I think the $89 special is going for a while yet for the condos.

Wow, what a great price. I'll have to keep that condo place in mind the next time we go to WDW. I love having a kitchen and we aways get a rental car.

amyhome1
02-26-2008, 07:46 AM

Was this location convenient?

Is it expensive to park your car at Disney Parks?

Thanks for the info!