PDA

View Full Version : Shower for #2 and registry

lkarp
02-01-2008, 09:00 PM
The Filipino Association I belong to wants to give us a baby shower for #2 due in a couple of weeks. I was quite surprised by the offer as was not expecting a shower for any subsequent children. I have accepted the offer as they really want to give us one, but they have asked that I register somewhere.

We really don't need much since DD just turned 2 in November. Some ideas I have would be to register for baby toiletries, books, new mattress pads, and cloth diapers/ snappis. What would you ask for for baby #2? Any ideas would be appreciated.

TIA,

Leah

SnuggleBuggles
02-01-2008, 10:00 PM
Do you have some "safe" bottles (not #7 plastics, like Avent bottles)? If you have #7s maybe you could register for some safer alternatives and ditch the ones you have?

There are always cool new bouncy seats, crib toys, mobiles and things like that.

New sling or baby carrier?

Baby memory book and/ or calendar?

Something personalized if you know the gender and name like a hooded towel, blanket or decoration?

Double stroller?

New car seat?

I just had #2 and the thing we are using most that we didn't have before is this travel Graco Pack N Play. It has a bassinet and we use it in our family room. It is so convenient and a great size for travel.

It's hard for #2! I have a 5.5 year gap and I really couldn't think of anything I really needed aside for some clothes b/c they were born in dif't seasons and diapers. My friends got me a GC to a place where I could design my own diaper bag. That was a fun idea.

GL!

Beth

MommytoEliana
02-01-2008, 10:10 PM
Beth's suggestions were great. Offhand, the things I ended up buying or wishing I had for DS (three years younger than DD) were a Bumbo seat, a Maya ring sling, a Moby wrap, some new crib sheets, a lamp for his room, onesies, and of course boy-specific clothing. :-) We borrowed a swing from someone; otherwise I'd have bought one of those. The new Graco one Gatorsmom commented on a few days ago sounded awesome!

Have fun with a registry wish list somewhere!

spunkybaby
02-02-2008, 04:16 AM
For DD2, I bought miracle blankets, a new changing pad and cover, some new fuzzy blankets (DD1 had six identical ones that became her lovey, so I bought six more for DD2--it's great having the extras to throw in the washer etc.), a reclining glider (my old one didn't recline and I wished it did!), new bottles made out of the safer plastics, cloth diapers to use as burp pads, a bigger diaper bag, a double stroller, and some new bottle brushes.

If I were you, I would probably also register for
*new bibs (my old ones got grungy)
*some cute clothes, especially for the baby announcement pictures
*baby handprint/footprint keepsake kits
*I'm a Big Sister shirt for your DD
*baby washcloths, hooded towel

and whatever cool new baby gadgets are out now :)

KrisM
02-02-2008, 07:26 AM
Depending on which infant seat you have an how long you think the new baby will be in it, you could get a convertible seat for the baby or a bigger seat for the 2 year old.

A double stroller.

New cover for a Boppy.

elephantmeg
02-02-2008, 11:33 AM
My SIL offered to throw me a shower for #2 and so is work. I've registered for:
-more burp clothes
-memory book
-crib sheets/matress pads (DS is still in his crib and I want pink crib sheets this time!)
-a new bouncy seat (we have the infant to toddler rocker for DS and he uses it all the time so we can't convert it back to the infant!)
-breast pads
-milk storage bags
-a couple pink blankets etc.

good luck and congrats!!!!!!

ETA a good swing (rainforest cradle swing) and an activity center thing -I have a feeling she's going to need to be somewhere safe (crib) with something to do occasionally while I deal with DS. Oh and a music box thing for her crib-DS still loves his so he'll keep it.

MommyAllison
02-02-2008, 05:13 PM
Our DC will be 2.5 years apart, and we're expecting a boy this time. I'm surprised by how little we are planning to buy this time around. Things from our list:
Boy crib bedding
New boyish changing table pad covers
Moby wrap
Miracle Blankets
Double stroller
Cradle swing
MeiTai (DD's is very girly and we still wear her often so we'll need two), Nb/small diapers (we started cloth when DD was in mediums, so need the tiny stuff), new wetbags and cloth wipes
Another laundry hamper
Another lamp
New bottles (safe plastic)
Britax convertible (will wait on this til he is a few months old)
And a dresser for DD so we can pass the combo dresser/changing table down to DS.

Other things I'm sure we'll get: bibs, blankets, clothing, towels/washcloths
And I want new nursing tank tops, but I don't know if that's something to register for, so much as to put on your own list :)
And new toys are always fun :)

HTH a bit!

maestramommy
02-02-2008, 06:17 PM
If your babies are not born during similar seasons, it might help to have clothes that will fit during hot and cold times. There were a lot of clothes Dora had that Arwyn never got to wear because they were born at polar opposite times of the year.

KrisM
02-02-2008, 09:48 PM
I though of another. We wanted a second bouncy seat - one for upstairs and one for down. With DS, it was easy enough to move it if we needed to. But, with DD, I needed a safe place to put her with diaper changes, etc for DS and it was nice to have 2.