PDA

View Full Version : Guidecraft Tower/Learnint Tower - What do you think?

updacountry
02-01-2008, 11:48 PM
I'm looking into getting my daughter a chair for helping in the kitchen. I like the idea of the Guidecraft tower as it is foldable. My kitchen is really small.

Does anyone have pros or cons on either the Learning Tower of The Guidecraft Tower?

Where did you get your bargian???
Thanks
JIll

ellies mom
02-02-2008, 03:04 AM
We have the Learning Tower. It takes up a bit of room but it has been worth every square inch and every dollar spent. Unfortunately, the price is pretty controlled so unless you find one used on Craigslist or e-bay, bargains can be hard to find.

etaylor75
02-02-2008, 11:13 AM
We went the super cheap route and bought a folding stepstool from Lowes.

This one:
http://www.lowes.com/lowes/lkn?action=productDetail&productId=225440-287-222A-6&lpage=none

DS (2.5) has been using it about 6 months and he loves it! It's the perfect height for him to help mix things on the counter and I really like the grips on the handlebar.

I highly recommend it if space is an issue....

Erin

Rainbows&Roses
02-03-2008, 11:52 PM
We have had the learning tower for 3 years now and love it! I would say it was one of those purchases we made for her that changed our life/made it easier. It is really sturdy and never had to worry about her falling. It takes up a bit of room, but not much more than a stool with wide legs. I highly recommend it!

brittone2
02-04-2008, 09:37 AM
DS has been using his for almost 3 years now (the regular Learning Tower). DD is 13 months and the two of them are starting to hang out in it together pretty often (he was nowhere close to ready to use it at 13 months but she does pretty well in it).

It was by far one of our best purchases, and is used almost daily (still!).

August Mom
02-05-2008, 01:23 AM
We love the Learning Tower. There wasn't a foldable option when we bought ours, although that would be nice if it remains sturdy. The Learning Tower is so much safer and more stable than a chair. Even my 5.5 year old still likes to use it when he helps in the kitchen (and told his baby sister that she would have to get her own ;)). It does get in the way sometimes, but if you let your children help in the kitchen, it is great and worth the inconvenience.

hellokitty
02-05-2008, 05:38 PM
We've had our learning tower for over a yr and both of my children are on it at the same time. While I like the idea of the guidecraft's being able to fold down, I'd be very afraid that my kids would figure out a way to make it fold. They are just those types of kids that will figure out a way to take something apart if they can, kwim? If you have a child who is not a monkey, like my children the guidecraft would probably be great. However, if you have children like mine (who swing off of the learning tower among other things), then you better stick with the sturdy learning tower. My kids have even been known to remove the foot board (one on top, the other child underneath). So, while the learning tower is very sturdy, it isn't monkey proof, lol.

kayte
02-05-2008, 07:47 PM
I knew I wanted to keep if for years to come and ultimately I thought the white board and chalkboard sides of the Kitchen Helper would not hold up. Once i made my decision to get the learning tower I found one on Craigslist for $50. There is usually one or two posted around here (Dallas TX) per month and run from $50-$90 depending on the condition.

HTH