PDA

View Full Version : Where does baby sleep while traveling?

tmonroe
02-02-2008, 09:18 AM
My husband and I are planning to visit his family out of state when our baby is born. She'll be about 6-7 months when we travel. What sleeping options do we have for the hotel? The hotel does not have cribs and I hear cribs in hotels are outdated and not safe. Are there any traveling bassinets people can recommend? Thanks!

bubbaray
02-02-2008, 11:08 AM
We use a PNP. Most hotels have them, but usually we bring our own. We have used cribs at hotels that have them and never had one that's unsafe.

HTH

babyready
02-02-2008, 11:46 AM
We always use a Pack-n-Play as well. Works perfectly.

Gena
02-02-2008, 11:59 AM
We always took our Pack-n-Play. But we always got rooms with a king bed and would usually end up co-sleeping.

deannanb
02-02-2008, 12:48 PM
if you child isn't used to sleeping in a pnp - it might be hard for them to actually sleep in it while in a new environment.
I've found like the PP - that co-sleeping (at that age) - works great - and your child (and you) will get some sleep. I actually prefer 2 queen beds - one for you and DC and one for DH.

hth

klwa
02-11-2008, 08:11 PM
When DS was about 9 months old, we took him to the beach. Bought a nice little mattress thingy for him to sleep in. He wouldn't even consider it. I just ended up with him in bed with me every night. And until that time I would never have considered co-sleeping. It worked for that trip.