PDA

View Full Version : Snugride VS Safeseat

Mindy&Barry
02-02-2008, 01:52 PM
So... I've seen a lot of glowing reviews about the Safeseat, but i'm still concerned about the safety issue. I know that the CR report was recalled, and it has been a year (or more) since the latest BabyBargains book went to press. Does anybody know if anything has changed with safeseat?

Thanks,
Barry

Joolsplus2
02-02-2008, 03:01 PM
Nope, it's the same. Consumer reports put a 30 pound dummy in there and slammed it sideways at higher speeds than would ever be considered survivable in real life, and yes, only two seats passed, with the 22 pound dummy in them, at that high speed. They all pass the frontal crash tests they are supposed to, and honestly at that high of a side impact they all may fail...or do better (cars look very little like the crash test bench, including the fact they have doors and front seats to limit the seats' movement a great deal).

There's nothing wrong with the snugride, it's just so much harder to install it with a switchable retractor lap/shoulderbelt (most newer cars have this type, and many cars don't allow LATCH in the center seating position, so it's definitely something to consider).

:)

Mindy&Barry
02-02-2008, 03:35 PM
Thanks, That is useful. Do you know if the safe seat attaches to the snap and go adapter?

Joolsplus2
02-02-2008, 03:39 PM
I fit mine onto the Kolcraft Universal... I'm thinking it SHOULD fit, but best to find a place to try it out for sure (any better baby store, really). :)

o_mom
02-02-2008, 04:03 PM
I have a Baby Trend Snap n' Go and it fits perfectly on there.

Joolsplus2
02-02-2008, 04:07 PM
Thanks! (I think we need an official carseat/stroller compatibility list...not that I have time to do that, lol)

:)