PDA

View Full Version : Febreze Safety?

Mindy&Barry
02-02-2008, 04:05 PM
Does anybody know if febreze is safe to use around infants. Obviously i wouldn't be using it to make the baby smell better, but what about using it on toys that have digestive pyrotechnic stains and or smells.

Happy 2B mommy
02-02-2008, 04:13 PM
I wouldn't do it. I have a friend who has birds who was using that stuff and it killed them!!! I then asked my vet if I could continue to use it in the area of the cats' litterbox and the vet said he thinks it dangerous to use around animals. If it's not safe for my pets, I'm not using it around my DD.

I'd try for a more natural deodorizer, like baking soda with a drop of peppermint or lavendar oil.

Kerri
DD 11/06

SnuggleBuggles
02-02-2008, 04:22 PM
I don't trust it.

beth

vludmilla
02-02-2008, 04:22 PM
ITA with the previous poster. Try natural deoderizers instead of these chemicals that just mask scents.

kcandz
02-02-2008, 09:52 PM
I read on a different private list from someone who worked at the company that made Febreeze and that person said "I won't let it anywhere near my household." I can't remember the details but I may have saved the post.

I personally don't know the person on the list, so I can't vouch for their credibility.

lizajane
02-03-2008, 12:10 AM
i am allergic to it. i break out all over. as in, if i sit on a couch that has been sprayed with it, it goes through my clothes and gives me an itchy, raised, red rash. it does not enter my home! honestly, i was pretty annoyed that a housesitter (for the dogs) used it (we found the bottle when we got home.)

hez
02-03-2008, 02:31 AM
Rather than speculate on what's in there, just check the MSDS (material safety data sheets):

http://www.pg.com/company/our_commitment/msds/fabric_home.jhtml

vludmilla
02-03-2008, 10:09 AM
Hez,
I checked the MSDS and it appears that they don't tell you what about 90% of the ingredients. Am I missing something that you see?