PDA

View Full Version : FTM diaper bag- Fleurville Sling Tote, JJB Be Spicy, or other?

meadow123
02-03-2008, 12:30 AM
I am a FTM, due in June, plan to BF. I am trying to choose a diaper bag. I got the Skip Hop Via Messenger, but sent it back because the zipper was broken, and because it seemed pretty small. So today in a store I was able to look at the Ju Ju Be Be Spicy, and the Fleurville Sling Tote. I really like both of them, and I can't decide. Some people on discussion boards say the Sling Tote is too small for a newborn- is that still true if I BF? I am a medium to heavy packer. Is the Be Spicy too big for everyday use? They seem to have nearly the same dimensions, but the Be Spicy seems so much bigger.

Is there another bag I am missing that I should consider? I don't like the big flap on the Ju Ju Be Be All. I love the Petunia Pickle Bottom bags, but they seem too delicate.

Please help! Thanks :D

Emmas Mom
02-03-2008, 07:34 PM
I used a ST with a toddler & a newborn with no issues. I loved it. One suggestion is to pack a seperate diaper bag to keep in your car with extra diaper, change of clothes, etc. That way you have less to carry around in the bag you actually carry. I used, and still use, the black bag I got for free in the hospital as my car bag.

pastrygirl
02-03-2008, 07:41 PM
I have a JuJuBe Packabe that I love. I didn't have it when my son was born, but I plan to use it as my newborn/BF bag. I didn't like backpacks until I bought it and had planned to wear it messenger style, but with a toddler, I'm really liking the backpack!

I also have a Be Spicy but right now find it too big, but I'm a light packer. I will probably use it and the Packabe for those early months. The Be Spicy is definitely more stylish, and it's surprisingly comfortable as a tote. It is heavy, though, even lightly packed. But I love JuJuBe bags and probably won't try other brands any more. I love the feel, the fabric, the solidness, the organization, etc. The weight of the bags IS something to consider, though.

rebeccaravit
02-11-2008, 05:05 PM
I looked at the Fleurville ST and the Be Spicy and ended up getting the JJB and I LOVE it. I absolutely hated the way the ST felt. I went to Nordstroms to see if they had a Be Spicy, which they didn't, but they had a Be All in the Purple Paisley print and I just fell in love. The Be Spicy is my one and only bag. I have an almost 2 1/2 yo and a BF 7 mo. The bag is not too big. I can fit a change of clothes for the baby, dipes for both, toys for both, a snack and drink for the older one as well as alot of my stuff. I have a TON of room left over for their hats, or their coats, or even my Maya Wrap sling. If you think a bag is too big, don't forget that once your DC starts eating food there is more to bring. And then comes potty training so you'll need a change of clothing for your older child and perhaps a take along seat.

Get a Be Spicy.

meadow123
02-14-2008, 11:33 PM
I ended up choosing a Be Spicy. I got it a few days ago, and I love it! It is not at all too big. I hope when I actually pack it and use it after the baby is born, I will still love it.