PDA

View Full Version : I'm the 8 month pregnant one & my DH is alseep

TraciG
02-03-2008, 10:15 AM
SO AGGRAVATED. I slept like crap, had to get up about 5 times to pee then couldn't fall back to sleep from 4:30 AM - 6. So my DD woke me up, watched TV in my bed for awhile then wanted breakfast, I said wake up daddy who was asleep in her bed, ( don't ask, bed hopping ) he asked what time is it then continued snoring so who do you think jumped up & cooked breakfast which she barely ate since she now has a cold !

I don't know how he'll manage when I'm not here for 4 or 5 day's in the hospital, I'm worried I'll come home to a messy apt ! I might have my mother stay here while I'm in the hospital so she can take Sydney to school, we'll see, would be a little weird to have her there in the timy apt without me there.

Should be FUN for me soon having an infant & my DD. I do have to say my DH is getting better, NEED'S to be more hands on though especially when the baby is here !!!!!

Marisa6826
02-03-2008, 10:54 AM
Traci-

This has been going on for the majority of your pregnancy (and I suspect probably did with your pregnancy and Sydney's infancy).

If you don't put your foot down, nothing's going to change. So, either do something about it - and I would TOTALLY send Sydney in to wake him the hell up with a message that Mommy is sleeping in - or accept that this is the route you've chosen. Because that's exactly what this is. A choice.

-m

ETA -- and don't even consider letting him tell you that he works all week and you don't. So do you. Being a Mommy and running a house is every bit as much a full time job. If he doesn't believe it, sit on your butt and let him do it for a week and let him tell you otherwise...

SnuggleBuggles
02-03-2008, 05:44 PM
Grrr! Make him get up! Dh and I trade off sleep in mornings and we usually declare it the night before but sometimes we will ask to switch in the morning. It ends up pretty even. We can both play possum pretty well too though. Eventually one of us gives in and wakes up if we don't want to. :) I hope you can come up with a division of labor that you like.

OT- did you decide to go with the c-section then?

Beth

Ceepa
02-03-2008, 07:37 PM
Grrr! Make him get up! Dh and I trade off sleep in mornings and we usually declare it the night before but sometimes we will ask to switch in the morning. It ends up pretty even.

We do this on the weekends. Figure out Friday night who gets up and who sleeps in Saturday and then switch Sunday.

TraciG
02-03-2008, 08:03 PM
It look's like I'll be having the C section, I got afraid after reading the post with the friend who's scar ruptured !

I have to say my DH did get up a little later & I went back to sleep, he is improving at least .