PDA

View Full Version : Last ot thread I promise-who's seen the obama video and what do you think of it?

elaineandmichaelsmommy
02-03-2008, 06:45 PM
I'm not asking to start a political debate. I know we have democrats and republicans on our board as well as independants and others. I just saw the video the other day, I know how I felt after I watched it and was wondering if anyone else had seen it. Here's the youtube link if anyone wants to watch it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jjXyqcx-mYY

Like I said- Realllly not trying to start any kind of political thing. Just thought it was a good thing.

citymama
02-03-2008, 06:52 PM
I like Obama, find him inspiring and would love to see him as President. I'm not a fan of this video (which I hadn't seen till you posted it) - I think it somehow diminishes the gravitas I associate with him. I think the people moved by this video (and influenced by what Hollywood/hip-hop musicians think) are the ones who'd vote for him anyway. But if it brings more young people out to vote, that's great!

KBecks
02-03-2008, 07:04 PM
It is a cool, beautifully styled and produced music video advertisement. I enjoyed the music. I don't feel any warm fuzzies. It is very, very cool, but it doesn't have any impact on my decision making. Kudos to the production folks that made it, they did a great job.

vludmilla
02-03-2008, 08:02 PM
I agree with Karen that is a cool, well-styled video but provides no reason to vote for him. Although I am typically a Democrat, I can't fathom voting for Barack. Anyway, maybe this colors my perception of the video.

kijip
02-03-2008, 08:06 PM
Well, I'd rather watch that than a crazy PAC produced attack political ad any day. That is really my only thought.

LarsMal
02-03-2008, 10:23 PM
DH and I are huge Obama supporters, but I personally think the video is kind of cheesy. DH has probably watched it about 10 times (that I know of!). Of course, this is the same guy who is using an 8x10 picture of Obama from Time magazine as his bookmark right now. Dork!

It's like someone said, "Hey, we can't do much since the writers are still on strike. Let's make an Obama video so we can get some face time."

Just my opinion!

Globetrotter
02-03-2008, 10:56 PM
I love it as an inspirational, positive piece (there's a new idea!) but it wouldn't necessarily influence my vote. I'm still undecided and our primary is coming up on Tuesday. yikes.

tarabenet
02-03-2008, 11:09 PM
I'm still undecided for the primary, but I did find the piece moving. I am loving the line "There has never been anything false about hope." I'm a dork, I'll admit. But whomever is leading us, I want to live in a "Yes we can" world.

octmom
02-03-2008, 11:24 PM
Was it produced by the Obama campaign? I didn't notice a "paid for..." tagline at the end, but I assume that is only required on television.

I like Obama just fine, but I didn't care for the video. I thought it was over-produced. It just didn't move me and left me wondering why he would want such a video, if in fact he did. Maybe I missed something near the end? The kids were distracting me when I watched it and I haven't gone back to watch it again.

elliput
02-03-2008, 11:32 PM
Here is a link to the original site. http://www.dipdive.com/ Comments by the producer and a list of contributing artists is below the video. The comments are definitely worth a read as they flesh out the message of the video.

Rainbows&Roses
02-04-2008, 01:19 AM
I have watched this probably 50 times now and have not been able to get through it once without some tears. I think that is because I have felt something special about Barack for a long time and these people (completely independent of his campaign) put together this piece of art that expresses what I cannot and they did it because they were inspired in the same way.

It is literally uplifting.

This is my favorite part:
"We've been warned against offering the people of this nation false hope.

But in the unlikely story that is America, there has never been anything false about hope."

And people can say these are just words, but he has proven words can inspire change. $32 million dollars changed hands into his campaign fund in January!

Fairy
02-04-2008, 01:52 AM
I'm a big Obama fan, but this video -- beautifully done, wow -- does not impact my decision making, as I'm still not sure who I'm voting for on Tuesday. I remember when he was running for Senate and was an Illinois State Senator at the time. He was on with all the other candidates on a local news show in the early morning hours on a Sunday, and I was watching, cuz I'm a junkie around this time. This was a long time before he made the national spotlight at the DNC. And I was BLOWN away. It was just a round table discussion with the local political reporter for the station, and I just stared at Obama. i thought, Oh My God, this man is going to be president. I new it then, and I believe he will be today. If it's not in 2008, it'll be someday.

Nice vid, tho.

octmom
02-04-2008, 11:08 AM
Thanks for the link, Erica. I actually like the video a bit more now that I know it is not an official campaign piece. It is nice to see folks inspired enough to do this on their own.

vludmilla
02-04-2008, 09:24 PM
It makes a difference to me too that it was not a campaign video. It still doesn't make me want to vote for him but I don't mind the video anymore either.

HannaAddict
02-05-2008, 04:33 AM
I like it. It is very professional and cool. I don't think I'm the audience that it is intended for though and I don't base my voting on videos. I liked the Obama Girl video too though and thought it was clever and funny. Definitely not an official video. Just put an Obama yard sign in our yard tonight. Not because of the video! :)

Kimberly

ha98ed14
02-05-2008, 12:48 PM
I love this video. This man insires the best in me. Even my husband, a lifelong Republican, is voting for him! He has appeal beyond just his party. I believe he can bring us together and bridge the divide between classes and races and ethnicities. He makes me WANT to believe that it is possible, and no one has EVER made me want to believe.

JTsMom
02-05-2008, 02:31 PM
As an Obama supporter, I find the video inspirational. I don't care if it does make me a dork! LOL

It wouldn't have changed my mind, but already being in his camp, it makes me even more confident that I made the right choice. I sat on the Obama/Clinton fence for a loooong time.