PDA

View Full Version : Any FLYbabies out there?

zephyr
02-03-2008, 11:39 PM
I am almost done with my copy of SINK REFLECTIONS and have already made changes like starting a morning and evening routine and decluttering...I feel so much more in control of my house, already. I'm also going to make a "control notebook" but will be using a 3-ring binder instead and some of the sections are going to be: birthdays, addresses/phone numbers, fav. recipes, coupons, routines, daily/weekly/monthly/yearly chores, etc. Anyone want to share what other sections they have in their control journals, also any comments about the book and how you've changed after reading it?
Zephyr

Happy Mommy
02-04-2008, 02:24 AM
Hi there,

I read most of Sink Reflections a few years ago, but somehow never managed to follow her program completely. It is a great way to go about organizing and cleaning (in my opinion), but I haven't yet implemented her daily routine. My house is clean and well organized, but I am always looking for ways to make that task easier and save some time in the process. I try to use her 27 fling boogie to motivate me when I need to declutter.

I, like you, would love to hear how other moms on this board have implemented her plan--maybe it will encourage me to follow along. I think that my problem is that with 2 toddlers, I find it hard to follow yet another "routine"--life is dictated so much by their own routines. :)

She does have a yahoo group that you might want to look into as well.

elephantmeg
02-04-2008, 11:00 AM
while I don't use/follow my control journal much any more (I've memorized lots of it) I do faithfully do a weekly home blessing. I also have worked out a basic weekly schedule (I work part time so stuff gets moved around a little and I do more all in 1 day when I'm not pregnant :). Basically: Monday I do all laundry (3-4 loads). Not sure what I'm going to do when #2 come and I go back to cloth diapers. When DS was in cloth I did family laundry on Mon, diapers on Tues and Fri so I'll try to go back to that. (I gave up on cloth while pregnant-I throw up anyways and couldn't deal with the dumping diapers in the toilet!). Grocery shopping is usually Tues or Wed. Housework is Thurs and Fri. (when I'm not pregnant I do it all in 1 day). I also try to keep things picked up, hot spots twice a day etc. I also plan meals on Sun/Mon and write a grocery list. Meal planning is key for me!

daisymommy
02-04-2008, 11:00 AM
LOVED the book, much easier to follow than the website I think. I have adapted the program a bit, since she really writes it based upon not having young children. However, there is a section on her website for FLYing with children, and readers have posted their suggestions, which was helpful to me.

I have a "Control Journal" that I made, I follow morning/afternoon/evening routines which were the best thing I ever did, really. And I have Weekly routines for chores. Doing a load of laundry a day is the only way to keep from drowning around here.

But I don't do a Home Blessing hour, as I have a two level home (well 3 with the basement), and 2 young kids--so there's no way that I could get it all done in one hour, or that I could even do it all in a day without being majorly tired when I was done. So, I spread it our over the week. Not as nice as having your home clean in one day and having the rest of the week to enjoy it, but oh-well!

I do something like this:
Monday: Vacuum and mop floors on main level
Tuesday: Dust house
Wednesday: Vacuum upper level
Thursday: Clean bathrooms
Friday: Change bedsheets

I have slacked off from doing Zone Work, but really want to try to keep up with it in the future. I do a meal rotation schedule. And it's SO HELPFUL to work on the hotspots.

So, there you have it!

Happy Mommy
02-04-2008, 10:39 PM
Bump :) :) :)