PDA

View Full Version : Hey Liz - How are the Joneses?

Marisa6826
02-03-2008, 11:56 PM
No new stories? C'mon, I know you're holding out.... it's been too long. :D

I need my fix!

-m

daisymommy
02-04-2008, 11:03 AM
Oh! Where can I read up on the beginning of the saga? I need a reality-fix!

Marisa6826
02-04-2008, 12:22 PM
Do an Advanced Search using Elizabethkott as the author and Joneses in the title/post area. You'll find some interesting, if not funny, threads. :)

-m

Ceepa
02-04-2008, 12:28 PM
I would not want to be the Joneses with my dirty laundry regularly aired out here. :(

ha98ed14
02-04-2008, 02:05 PM
Sorry, but if Mrs. Jones is going to carry on in such ridiculous ways, she has to know that Liz is going to confide in her girlfriends. So what if they happen to be on-line :)

LarsMal
02-04-2008, 02:35 PM
Where are you Liz?!?! Haven't heard from you in a while. I could use a good Jones fix, too. A little gossip never hurt! :21:

Hope all is well!

Laurel
02-04-2008, 03:37 PM
As entertaining as some of the stories are, I have to say I agree with Ceepa.

dr mom
02-04-2008, 08:53 PM
I would not want to be the Joneses with my dirty laundry regularly aired out here. :(

I would not want to have the Joneses as neighbors. I think they tend to air their OWN dirty laundry, and they seem bizarrely proud of it.

gatorsmom
02-04-2008, 08:58 PM

'Jones' is not their real name. There are 350 million Americans- I think they are safe- from the humiliation of this message board, at least.

gatorsmom
02-04-2008, 09:02 PM
In defense of Elizabeth- she normally posts on the bitching boards. Some of the sh** Mrs. Jones pulls on her gives her some good reasons to vent there.

And again, it's not like Jones is their real name. The rest of us bi*** about our ILs, DHs, you name it. What's the difference?

vludmilla
02-04-2008, 09:08 PM
Hmmm, how to say this....

#1: I don't really think there is anything wrong with telling the funny, tragic, or pathetic stories of others on this board because it IS anonymous.

#2: I really enjoy reading Liz's posts about the Joneses'. Makes me feel smart and level-headed in comparison to them. I like that little ego boost.

#3: I have, in the past, wondered a teeny bit how I'd feel if my friend was telling other people, even anonymously, stories about how awful I am. I guess I'd feel bad if any of my friends thought so poorly of me. Now, on the other hand, Mrs. Jones sounds thoughtless and insensitive and probably doesn't even consider what Liz thinks of her.

Anyway, please take this for what it's worth, I certainly look forward to the posts and enjoy the gossip.

ShanaMama
02-04-2008, 09:13 PM
I'll bite. I've also been awaiting another Jones update. Liz, you gotta have something for us!

Laurel
02-04-2008, 10:10 PM
nak

vludmilla- i think your reason #3 is precisely why i am sometimes uncomfortable with the jones posts. as annoying and clueless as the "jones" family may be, the underlying joke here seems to be that they actually think this BBB'er and her DH are their good friends. something about us having that laugh at their expense that makes me sad. i have not said anything before because so many here seem to enjoy the saga and because i don't want to look like i am calling elizabeth out. as others have said- she has every right to vent!

LarsMal
02-05-2008, 01:20 PM
In defense of Elizabeth- she normally posts on the bitching boards. Some of the sh** Mrs. Jones pulls on her gives her some good reasons to vent there.

And again, it's not like Jones is their real name. The rest of us bi*** about our ILs, DHs, you name it. What's the difference?

EXACTLY!!!

Not to be a snot, but if you don't like it, you don't have to read them! I think there are probably a lot of people who stay out of the b*tching post b/c they don't want to read all the negativity. I, however, spend a lot of my BBB time, there!!!!

ha98ed14
02-05-2008, 01:38 PM
EXACTLY!!!

Not to be a snot, but if you don't like it, you don't have to read them! I think there are probably a lot of people who stay out of the b*tching post b/c they don't want to read all the negativity. I, however, spend a lot of my BBB time, there!!!!

I do too, especially on my bad days. Not because I think of myself as negative, but because sometimes I just need to know I am not the only one stuck in SAHM-Hell. Like I said, those are my bad days. There are some threads I choose not to read because they don't apply to me, so that is the beauty of this community/ set up, you only have to read the threads you want.

So, I am ready, Liz, do you have any "Updates" for us?

andie16
02-05-2008, 03:16 PM
"Not to be a snot, but if you don't like it, you don't have to read them!"

This is what I was thinking. The posts are clearly titled.

(Sorry, I don't know how to make the fancy quote box).