PDA

View Full Version : Has anybody seen Juno?

Marisa6826
02-04-2008, 12:09 AM
We saw it last night. What a cute movie. Really well acted - and damn, is that girl - Ellen Page - cute.

The soundtrack was pretty cool, too. :)

-m

writermama
02-04-2008, 12:22 AM
I really wanted to from the reviews, but then I remembered that I'm the mom of two girls who will one day will be teenagers so, for me, it would be a horror movie more than a comedy. EEEEK!

DH and I will probably work up the nerve to see it soon, though.

kijip
02-04-2008, 12:26 AM
Loved the movie, loved the soundtrack! It is soooo good.

asha
02-04-2008, 02:05 AM
Yup, One more Juno fan here.
When we mentioned to our IRL friends in December that DH and I watched the movie (our first date movie in years), we got the raised eye brow reaction. Now the same people are telling me they want to watch it :)

Asha

jenmcadams
02-04-2008, 10:33 AM
One of my favorite movies in years :)

A funny side-story -- the mom of one of my DD's 5 year old best friends got a comment that gave her pause the other day. She knew nothing about the movie and someone told her that Juno reminded them of her DD and that they were sure her DD would be like Juno when she's a teenager. Curious, she looked up a synopsis of the movie and was a little upset :) I convinced her that I'm sure it was the looks/personality (not the situation) and told her how I thought the Juno character was one of the smartest (and sassiest) teen characters I'd seen in a long time. Her DD (at five) has a similar sarcastic sense of humor and is very bright.

TonFirst
02-04-2008, 11:03 AM
Loved "Juno."

Looking back on my high school years, I can relate a lot more to Juno (sans pregnancy) than I'm guessing I could to any of the teens in "High School Musical." Also, I adore Michael Cera.

(If you, too, adore Michael Cera, I recommend checking out "Drunk History: Part 1" on youtube. It's like a college flashback: too much scotch + a history major = AWESOME)

hellbennt
02-04-2008, 09:30 PM
loved it!

in my day, 'all' I 'had' was Molly Ringwald (LOLOLOL!!!)

Mommy Of A Little Angel
02-04-2008, 09:41 PM
This is the first movie DH and I have seen out since DD was born! We only went in because it was the only movie playing within a half hour of the time we got there.

That said, I am so glad we saw it! I really enjoyed it! Of course, we were in a theater full of teenagers who laughed at the sonogram. (Apparently pregnant belly + gel = funny?) Definitely a great movie!

mdb78
02-05-2008, 12:49 AM
Just saw it last night too! I loved it!

Globetrotter
03-03-2008, 07:12 PM
I saw it the other day. It's simply one of the most well-written, funny scripts EVER!! The acting was superb and I loved the lead character - she is one smart teen, other than the stupid mistake she made - geez. If you haven't already seen it, you should!

Kris

mrshalco
03-03-2008, 08:22 PM
I haven't seen it yet but I am dying to! The girl lead of the Moldy Peaches (where most of the music came from for this movie) was a friend of mine in college! I had lost touch with her after she transferred but it makes me want to see the movie even more!

tylersmama
03-04-2008, 01:02 AM
I took myself on a "date" to see it a couple of weeks ago when DS was with his dad. *Loved* it! I love Jen Garner, and she plays uptight so well. I thought Ellen Page was totally the type of teenager I would have loved to have been (well, except for the knocked up part).

JillSP
03-04-2008, 01:24 AM
I, too, loved it.

For the pp who didn't want to see it because she has 2 DD and didn't want to see what could be in store for her down the road, I will just say that it neither glorifies or horrifies teen pregnancy and after I saw it I thought that when my daughters are preteens, I am going to watch the movie with them because it provides a lot of good things to talk about regarding the choices we make and dealing with the consequences of those choices without the vulgar language or gratuitous nudity I would expect to see in such a movie.

I never thought I'd describe a modern movie about teen pregnancy as tasteful and clean, but it is. And its darn funny, too. Also an adjective I never thought I'd use to describe a teen pregnancy movie.

And IMO, Ellen Page, the woman who played Juno, deserved an Oscar for the most accurate portrayal of a pregnant person ever. She could do the walk perfectly; it was not exaggerated or over the top.

littlecindy
03-04-2008, 01:05 PM
it made me bawl, but i loved it. especially loved the minnesota place names that came up. kind of fun.