PDA

View Full Version : Any fun Valentine's Day craft ideas?

danagee
02-04-2008, 11:12 AM
:love5: Please share your crafty Valentine ideas with us.

Last year I crushed many pink and red crayons and melted them in heart, x and o silicone molds from Williams Sonoma. Put them in cellophane bags for ds classmates.

That was a ton of work for me and this year I'm looking for something simple. I may just pass out cards and stop at that, but would love to hear what everyone else is doing!
Dana :love5:

etaylor75
02-04-2008, 04:09 PM
Kids Craft Weekly has some cute ideas...

http://www.kidscraftweekly.com/valentine_issue.html

We might try the contact paper one with tissue paper instead of cellophane.

I'm looking forward to seeing what everyone else is doing!
Erin

happy2bamom
02-04-2008, 04:32 PM
Just curious, for those of you that did the melted crayons last year, what did you use to stick the hearts to construction paper? Last year I finally ended up using a little bit of hot glue, but I don't think that it was very easy to remove from the paper (ie tore it). The double sided tape that I bought never stuck to the crayons. any ideas? Last year we just gave the crayons to family, this year I wanted to pass them out to DS classmates. TIA

danagee
02-13-2008, 06:44 PM
in case anyone cares... I ended up melting crayons again!
I found a heart mold at Target's Dollar Spot and should've known that for that cheap it wasn't silicone, but I really wasn't thinking.
It melted! But I managed to save it in time to melt all the crayons so it worked out perfectly.
Then in the goodie bag, I included a coloring page shaped like a heart that I found online.
Done :wavey: