PDA

View Full Version : Anyone heard of having Anti-C/Little C Antibody during pregnancy?

Bens Momma
02-04-2008, 12:05 PM
Out of the blue I tested positive for having the Little "c"/Small C antibody during my pregnancy with DS #2. I had never heard of it before! It's like RH, but a little different. Started out with a low titer but through regular blood tests and monitoring my number rose drastically at the end of the pregnancy and DS had to be delivered 3 weeks early. He developed jaudice and was in the hospital for an extra week at birth. Everything turned out fine and he is a happy, healthy 2 year old! I am looking for anyone with experience/info about this and how it can affect subsequent pregnancies. It was so strange because I didn't have it with DS #1 and it often can be introduced by a blood transfusion (which I've never had!) Most of the nurses had never even heard of it when I was in the hospital or when I would go for my blood tests. We are considering TTC in the future but don't know how this situation would affect the pregnancy/baby. My Ob seems to think it's no big deal and has said that it might "just" warrant a blood transfusion envitro if I would start to attack the baby's white blood cells. DH thinks this sounds insane, but Ob thought it was no big deal. Anyway, just wanted to know if anyone had any experience/info so we could weigh our options and try to make a good decision!

TIA-
Momma of 2 DS

Bens Momma
02-04-2008, 05:18 PM
anyone???? bump!