PDA

View Full Version : Do you and DH 'work' different shifts? maybe TMI...

gatorruth
02-05-2008, 12:04 AM
If so, when do you find time for love? DH wakes up at 3AM to leave at 4AM. He's asleep by 8:30 or 9 during the week. (I wake up at 7ish and go to sleep around 11) DC's go to sleep at 8. When do you all sneak in time for fooling around? DH says that we can let our oldest play outside with the neighborhood kids for an hour and stick a video on for the little one and we can 'do it' in the afternoon...

I just can't get in the mood in the middle of play time, dinner, and who knows what else... Glad he's got nothing but $ex on the mind...

any better thoughts than that one??

Please???

Thanks!

kijip
02-05-2008, 12:51 AM
I work M-F, mostly full-time regular office hours. J works all weekend and has to study most nights from the time Toby is in bed until late. While we are usually able to fit in more than this, we are very happy to have our once a week date night. We have a sitter 1 night a week that we drop Toby off to and then we go home and spend the evening here. I'd rather have the evening in alone that out. :) Other than that, some mornings J will get Toby breakfast ready and get him started with playing. Does not leave a ton of time, but better than nothing. I try to still be awake when he gets home on Friday nights (11:30PM). Lastly, we have a lunch together 1 day a week that usually ends up being at home and without food. Doesn't sound so romantic to spell out such a schedule but feels a heck of a lot better than the alternative (infrequent or non existent sex).

Any chance for an afternoon sitter some days? Or perhaps nudging the kids bedtime up a little and saving some time right before he goes to sleep?

gatorruth
02-05-2008, 08:38 PM
thanks-- we have date afternoons on saturday, but the kids are home with a sitter-- we have no where to go to get cozy... besides our car!!

Anyone else have anything to add??

Emmas Mom
02-05-2008, 10:45 PM
I just read an article in Parents magazine (can't remember which month) where an author wrote about how her & her husband spend their time together in the middle of the night. Like they break up their nights a couple/few times a week (can't remember) to spend time with each other because of the same situation. At least I think that's what it was. Anyway, not sure if it would work for you but could you consider waking up at about 2:30 (since your DH gets up at 3:00) or thereabouts to spend some time with him?? It would break up your night but you might be all relaxed when you drift back off to sleep! ;)

kijip
02-06-2008, 12:44 AM
I just read an article in Parents magazine (can't remember which month) where an author wrote about how her & her husband spend their time together in the middle of the night. Like they break up their nights a couple/few times a week (can't remember) to spend time with each other because of the same situation. At least I think that's what it was. Anyway, not sure if it would work for you but could you consider waking up at about 2:30 (since your DH gets up at 3:00) or thereabouts to spend some time with him?? It would break up your night but you might be all relaxed when you drift back off to sleep! ;)

I read that too and have to say that waking up in the middle of the night would really drive me bonkers. I need my sleep in a good stretch!

kijip
02-06-2008, 12:46 AM
thanks-- we have date afternoons on saturday, but the kids are home with a sitter-- we have no where to go to get cozy... besides our car!!

What about sending them to the movies/children's museum/zoo/park ie OUT of the house with the sitter on Saturdays? We love dropping him off at the sitters so we have the house to ourselves.

Pennylane
02-06-2008, 09:50 AM
Well, if he wants it that bad them he needs to stay up later and you need to go to bed earlier :)

Do the kids nap? If so, why don't you sneak off for awhile then? Or get a Sitter for the night and head off to a hotel for a few hours. My DH and I have done that a lot since our third was born.

Ann