PDA

View Full Version : Dh making me so angry!

KrystalS
02-05-2008, 12:14 AM
My Dh comes home tonight and sits his butt on the couch and hasn't moved except to get up and get his dinner plate. I know he didn't do anything at work because he told me it was a really boring day. I'm a SAHM, we only have 1 car, so I'm home all day with our 4yo DD. I don't expect him to do anything except entertain DD for a few hours in the evening so I can have some time to myself. Every time she tries to play with him he gets on the computer or tells her that hes watching tv right now. Then he proceeds to tell me that hes going out Friday night with guys from work so he'll need the car! I really don't care if he goes out but he could at least let me use the car since me and DD are stuck in the house all day all week!
Ok I just needed somewhere to vent!

kozachka
02-05-2008, 08:00 AM
You have to put your foot down, darling. You should have a serious conversation with your DH and tell him that the current situation is not acceptable and you need to agree on a new set-up. You should be able to use a car at least sometimes a week.

ETA: Sorry, I had to attend some other business. Just to continue:

It's not fair to either you or your DD, that you do not EVER have use of a car, and that your DH does not spend ANY time with your DD. I would go as far as to say that unless you live in an urban environment and have access to decent public transportation, not letting you use a car is equivalent to controlling you and borders on emotional abuse.

You also need to remind your DH that DD is not only your daughter but his as well. I do not know what it is about guys but they do occasionally forget that they are parents too. My DH needed such a reminder a few times, especially when DS was younger, so please don't feel like you are alone on this one. Last but not least, taking care of your DD all day long by yourself is hard work (remind him how much a nanny plus a housekeeper would have cost for the same number of hours that you spend at home) and that you need a break too. Otherwise you simply would not be capable of treating him as nice as he deserves ;).

And if it makes you feel any better, I am fuming on your behalf.

BeachBum
02-05-2008, 08:15 AM
That sucks! I think if I were you I'd try driving and picking DH up from work so you could use the car during the day.
And not playing with DD? While I know how hard is is not to have a "break" I feel even worse for DD. :(
I think your DH needs to get a clue!

wellyes
02-05-2008, 08:59 AM
That stinks!!

This guy already has it really, really easy. No housework, no cooking, no cleaning, no regular "girls night out" for you, nothing? All he has to do is interact with his daughter? I don't know anyone, male or female, who wouldn't feel like that was pretty much an ideal life. And he slacks off even with that? I totally agree with the "put your foot down" advice, this cannot go on. You deserve better!