PDA

View Full Version : Push Present Ideas Needed

katydid1971
02-05-2008, 01:39 AM
This time I'm making DH get me a push present and I was wanting some ideas to give him for something to give me :wink2: What are somethings you got or would like to get? Thanks for your input.

julieakc
02-05-2008, 02:42 AM
That's how I got my diamond earrings. :yay:

gatorruth
02-05-2008, 07:53 AM
That's how I got my diamond earrings. :yay:

...and that's how I got my diamond necklace that I wear every day!!

Bean606
02-05-2008, 10:23 AM
I got my diamond and emerald anniversary band and a charm bracelet with a little baby shoe on it. For my 1st Mother's Day, he added a charm, and I hope to add more each Mother's Day. I asked for the bracelet - the ring was a complete surprise.

gatorsmom
02-05-2008, 11:45 AM
I got a ring with the babies birthstones. Which kind of was a bit of a bummer (I'm not complaining, promiise!) because both boys were born in July! So, 2 ruby rings.

I haven't received anything for the twins yet, but I'm hoping it's not 2 topaz rings!

LarsMal
02-05-2008, 01:13 PM
DS- a birthstone ring, which I love but can't wear on my right had b/c it irritates my eczema. Sometimes I wear it on my left hand instead of my engagement ring.

DD- a diamond necklace, which I also love, but is a little fancier than what I wanted (not that I'm complaining) so I don't wear it as often as I'd like.

ETA: I also got myself a push present- an initial bracelet, which I wear a lot!

jhrabosk
02-05-2008, 04:35 PM
Frankly, I hate the concept of a "push" present...I despise the term. But, then I have to be honest and admit that I guess I got one. :)

DH picked out a simple locket from Red Envelope and had it engraved with DD's first initial (we were using the same name for a boy or a girl). I put in a picture we took of her the day after she was born.

Not necessarily practical when you have more than one DC, but I love it nonetheless. I wear it almost every day.

spanannie
02-05-2008, 05:43 PM
I got diamond earrings for DS and a sapphire and diamond ring for DD. I think I'm going to encourage him to get me a watch for this baby.

luvmypeanut
02-05-2008, 05:51 PM
Diamond earrings for DD and a Patek Philippe for DS.

lizajane
02-05-2008, 08:26 PM
diamond earrings for schuyler. wear them a lot!!!

dylan for dylan. ;) i really wanted him!!! lol! (and we had no $$ left after 2 years at home with schuyler!)

for my birthday while pregnant with dylan i got a charm bracelet with one charm for each of "my boys" so one has DH and my initials and on the back, wedding date. one has schuyler's name and on the back, his birthday. and one has dylan's name and on the back, his birthday (engraved after he was born, of course!!) i wear it all the time. i love it!

o_mom
02-05-2008, 08:28 PM
dylan for dylan. ;)

I always joke that I got a baby each time :) DH just has no clue on these things.

ilfaith
02-05-2008, 10:25 PM
For DS1 I got tahitian pearl earings and a matching pendant. I thought since his birthday is in June it would be nice to get something with his birthstone.

DS2 was born in August, and since I couldn't get excited about peridots, I ended up with a bracelet with diamonds.

Davids-Coco
02-05-2008, 10:35 PM
I actually have two from DS... although neither are really push presents since I never pushed, and one I received months before.

A sapphire ring (band style) for my right hand... which I got early because I wanted to wear something on my left hand when I was too swollen.

An Aaron Basha shoe charm... I am in love with these things and absolutely love mine. I wear it all the time and it is perfect. Its got DS's name and birthdate engraved on the back.

tmarie
02-05-2008, 11:09 PM
Adore my dh but he is has no appreciation for jewelry and hates spending money on it! :( My push present was an emerald necklace...but the stone was way too small and I never wear it. Poor dh...he just doesn't get it. I would love to know how any of you gently drop hints to dh. I hate asking for jewelry, but if I leave him to his own devices I'll be disappointed.

Globetrotter
02-06-2008, 12:34 AM
I have never even heard of push presents until today! hmmmm....

Though dh promised we would finally go on our South America vacation, which has yet to occur.

fortato
02-06-2008, 12:34 AM
I like to think that bringing home a healthy baby from the hospital was the only push present I needed.

And the Emerald and diamond ring I got 2 weeks later.

julieakc
02-06-2008, 12:42 AM
Adore my dh but he is has no appreciation for jewelry and hates spending money on it! :( My push present was an emerald necklace...but the stone was way too small and I never wear it. Poor dh...he just doesn't get it. I would love to know how any of you gently drop hints to dh. I hate asking for jewelry, but if I leave him to his own devices I'll be disappointed.

I don't wear a lot of jewelry - before we got engaged we had discussed how I wanted a nice engagement ring and I got exactly what I wanted. Then a couple years after being married I started wanting diamond earrings and we agreed that after I had a baby that's what he'd get me (I gave him specifics for them too) - I had to wait several years, but they are nice earrings that I wear daily.

julieakc
02-06-2008, 12:44 AM
I like to think that bringing home a healthy baby from the hospital was the only push present I needed.

Absolutely! And I would gladly trade my diamond earrings if I could take DS's syndrome away and could have brought him home from the hospital with me.

bubbaray
02-06-2008, 01:01 AM
No push presents for me. Maybe c/s babies don't qualify?

katydid1971
02-06-2008, 01:12 AM

C/Ss totally qualify, maybe we just need a better name like "9 months of vomiting, stretch marks, back pain, sciatica, varicos vein, loss of sleep, add anything else you suffered here, presents" Because come on when it comes to birthing babies even if you don't push you put a lot of blood, sweat and tears into making that thing and C?S are hard on mommies too. DHs should appreciate you for it!!!! :D

kijip
02-06-2008, 01:24 AM
C/Ss totally qualify, maybe we just need a better name like "9 months of vomiting, stretch marks, back pain, sciatica, varicos vein, loss of sleep, add anything else you suffered here, presents" Because come on when it comes to birthing babies even if you don't push you put a lot of blood, sweat and tears into making that thing and C?S are hard on mommies too. DHs should appreciate you for it!!!! :D

Abdomen scar present? Metal staple present? Actually the only present I want (besides the baby) is my unscarred stomach back but wishin ain't gettin LOL. Maybe because I pushed and then got the scar anyways, I get two presents? :ROTFLMAO:

If we have another baby, I will ask for something that celebrates both kids.

I did get myself a tattoo to mark Toby's birth. Maybe that is the Katie version of a push present. :)

Davids-Coco
02-06-2008, 01:55 AM
Another c/s mommy here (who posted present earlier) but...

The drs should give us a "push present" and tuck a little extra tummy in when closing up! ;) Except, everyone would want one... hehehehe

julieakc
02-06-2008, 02:01 AM

Of course they count! Mine was a c/s - I saw major surgery is just as worthy as vaginal delivery.

katydid1971
02-06-2008, 03:00 AM
Another c/s mommy here (who posted present earlier) but...

The drs should give us a "push present" and tuck a little extra tummy in when closing up! ;) Except, everyone would want one... hehehehe

I read in a magazine that all the stars who have their bodies back in a month after giving birth get what they call a "C Tuck" It's a C section and a tummy tuck all in one. I asked my OB for one but she said no go. A tummy tuck would make a good push present though, hmm something to think about. ;)

dhano923
02-06-2008, 04:33 AM
I got some beautiful diamond stud earrings for DS and nothing for DD because I couldn't decide what I wanted. LOL Well, I got flowers, etc but no "big" gift.

wellyes
02-06-2008, 08:15 AM
I hadn't heard of a "push present" either. The name makes it sound a little distasteful to me - but then, really, it's just marking a life event with a gift, right? I don't wear jewelry. Hmmmmmmm....... I guess what I'd want would be a cleaning service contract!!

Davids-Coco
02-06-2008, 12:52 PM
I read in a magazine that all the stars who have their bodies back in a month after giving birth get what they call a "C Tuck" It's a C section and a tummy tuck all in one. I asked my OB for one but she said no go. A tummy tuck would make a good push present though, hmm something to think about. ;)
They are actually regarded as dangerous (hence the joking)... if you look around online, there is some info out there. So I'm not surprised your dr said no.

and now back to your regularly scheduled program ;)

And I think getting the house cleaned is a great present! Moms definitely can use the help!

drewsmom4405
02-10-2008, 10:29 AM
I got a diamond necklace for my April ds (dh left it on the chair for the early a.m. feeding on Mother's Day) and think I am going to ask dh to start a Pandora charm bracelet for this ds (3/31). They have some cute baby charms and I can get things to represent our family including both dc as the years go on. In fact, I think I might start one for the grandmas for Mother's Day this year?

Kathleen

Drew 4/4/05
Baby boy due 3/31/08

bubbaray
02-10-2008, 11:51 AM

Actually, a local OB got sued for doing just that, without the mom's consent. What a total idiot the mom was -- I know a lot of c/s moms who are lawyers and we all said we wished our OBs had done a tuck too!

I've joked about that with my peri, OB and plastic surgeon that did the revision surgery on my (then open) scar after my first c/s. They were NOT amused. My plastic surgeon told me that the scar would be higher and bigger than what I have (extremely low and rather narrow).

nov04
02-10-2008, 07:17 PM
A citizen eco drive watch (It never stops going.....) for our first and an extremely plain family ring for our second.

I specifically wanted something I could wear each day and would last.

JMS
02-10-2008, 08:02 PM
I didn't get, or even ask for a gift per se. But a couple months after DS was born, DH randomly surprised me with the Rolex I always wanted out of "love and appreciation". :)

kcampbell
02-11-2008, 01:07 PM
From Tiffany's of course! Seriously, any jewelry is great in my mind. I recieved a beautiful ring for each of our DDs and hope to pass them along to my DDs when the time is appropriate.

rebeccaravit
02-11-2008, 04:55 PM
When our first son was born, DH gave me a silver locket from Tiffany's in which he thoughtfully put in a picture of DS and himself!

With our second, I got nothing and the lovely wife that I am keep reminding him about it.

Yes, we just moved into a new house but flowers would have been nice, and at the very least a freaking card.

My mom gave me earrings for #1 and a mommy bracelet that I picked out with both kids names on it after #2 was born.

MIL gave me nothing both times.

klwa
02-11-2008, 08:03 PM
The one thing I kept hinting at DH for was a nice piece of jewelry with DS's birthstone in it. Never quite got it through his head. (For my first Mother's Day I showed him a VERY SMALL pendant and told him that was what DS was getting me for MD.)

ThreeofUs
02-12-2008, 02:43 AM
Ruby earrings and necklace. With a handmade card that said I was more valued than rubies as well as other really wonderful things that still make me tear up to think about.

I might wear the rubies, but that card lives where I can see it every day.

dr mom
02-12-2008, 07:39 AM
Actually, a local OB got sued for doing just that, without the mom's consent. What a total idiot the mom was -- I know a lot of c/s moms who are lawyers and we all said we wished our OBs had done a tuck too!

Although I personally wouldn't mind losing my little postpartum belly pooch, I would also have sued the pants off any OB who performed a cosmetic surgical procedure on me without my consent.

That's illegal, unethical, and constitutes medical assault and battery. I think the OB was the total idiot in this case, not the mom. WTF was he thinking?

cmonbaby
02-12-2008, 07:35 PM
I think I'm the only one who got a non-jeweled push present (I've been calling it the thanks-for-having-my-baby-gift for the past 2.5 years!) For DS I received a Coach bag that I had my eye on for the longest time. DH keeps asking what I want this time around but I loved the surprise so much with our first born, I can't bring myself to make any recommendations!

catpagmo
02-13-2008, 01:19 AM
Ok...wait a minute...

You guys got presents?

Davids-Coco
02-13-2008, 03:11 AM
lol, yeah... but so did you. It was a sweet little baby ;)

But some of us also got *something* else. More of a reminder of that day for me and a heirloom piece.

ShanaMama
02-13-2008, 12:11 PM
I know alot of people who get gifts after their babies are born. I've never heard the name push present before, but for some reason I always found the idea slightly distasteful. I'd rather get jewelery for a birthday or anniversay than as a 'reward' for having a baby, KWIM?
Anyway, I did ask DH to get me something. I light candles for Shabbat every Friday night. I have a beautiful pair of silver candlesticks that I got when we were engaged. Our custom is to add an addditional candle for every child that's born. So I asked DH to get me a matching silver candlestick for DD. It's not an exact match, but truly beautiful and very meaningful to me.
I don't really think of it as my push present, but I guess it kinda qualifies. Definitely unique!