PDA

View Full Version : ERGO and plus-sized

geri
02-05-2008, 01:42 AM
Does anyone know how an Ergo fits on a plus sized person? I am 5'9" and wear a size 20. How is the hip carry position on a plus sized person?

wencit
02-05-2008, 01:26 PM
My husband is very overweight, and he can wear the Ergo with the waist belt fully extended, although he does occasionally complain about it (although, to be honest, I'm not sure if he's complaining just for the sake of complaining). We've never tried the hip carry, only back and front, so I can't speak to that. If you have a baby boutique near you, I'd go there first and try it out yourself. Or, if you purchase from myfavoritebabycarrier.com, they have a 90-day return policy, if it turns out the Ergo isn't comfortable for you.

maestramommy
02-05-2008, 08:16 PM
I believe the Ergo has has a waist extender, which you can purchase separately. If you go to their website you should see it.
Here it is:http://www.ergobabycarriers.com/babycarriers/item/WXN/

jbrandy
02-05-2008, 08:51 PM
I am the exact same height and size as you and I LOVE My ergo! I do have a waist extender. I also have a Beco but do not need the waist extender with the Beco. I really only use my Ergo in the front or back positions. I haven't used it in the hip position but I'm sure it will work fine since the carrier fits me well in every position I have used it in. Between the Ergo and Beco -- Ergo is still my favorite!

PS -- right now I'm still using my Ergo with my 9 1/2 month old who weighs 20 lbs.

I hope this helps. Feel free to let me know if you have any other questions.

Beth
DS 4-4-03
DS 4-18-07

mamababa
02-07-2008, 02:27 PM
I'm not a huge fan of the ERGO in the hip position (prefer a pouch or ring sling) but I've got a friend who is about your dimensions and she loves hers. You can get free shipping with code CMAFreeShip at www.carrymeaway.com

HTH!

Vida
Mama to DS - 5 years
and DD - 3 years

geri
02-08-2008, 03:09 AM
Thank you for the responses! :)

Does anyone know of another site that has a good return policy of 60-90 days? The site listed above (http://myfavoritebabycarrier.com/) doesn't have the color that I want. :(