PDA

View Full Version : After this I would say it is time to PT DD!

mommyx2
02-05-2008, 10:06 AM
So DD just turned 20 months on Friday and seems to no longer want to be in diapers. We had a Super Bowl get together at my parents so we just spent the night there on Sunday and they watched the kids on Monday while I worked. About an hour after putting the kids to bed my mom heard DD fussing and went and got her (luckily because I do not run to her if she is just fussing for a minute or two but Nana does). She came out and DD had taken off her pajama bottoms, socks, unsnapped her onsie and took of her diaper. She then proceeded to go potty in the pack n play. Ugghhhhh....nice! Well I got her bathed and I let her sleep with me for the rest of the night. I left for work on Monday morning and my mom woke up at 7am to DD saying "Mommy help, Mommy help!" (I should have put DD back in the pack n play before leaving for work) DD got up and went out into the dining room took off her pajama bottoms, socks, unsnapped her onsie, and took of her diaper and went potty on the floor (thank goodness it is tile)!

So I guess it is definately time to potty train DD! Well when I got there at 5pm DD came running and said "I potty, I potty!" She had actually gone potty on the big potty and did it again after I got there. She got up this morning and wanted to sit on the potty! I am so surprised because DS is 38 months and still reluctant to PT!

Sorry this is so long but I am just wondering if anyone found it easier to PT DD than DS.

Peg
DS Benjamin 12/4/04
DD Katherine 6/1/06

joyful mommy
02-06-2008, 07:36 PM
Love your story! I would say that you don't really need to PT DD, she seems to already be taking charge of that herself! :)

Everything I hear and read says that DDs train earlier and easier and that the 2nd child, and following, all train earlier than the 1st. That also goes along with the peer pressure idea that those in regular group settings (daycare, nursery school, etc.) train easier/faster. My reluctant DS1 is definately more inclined to use the potty when around friends who are already PT'd.

Maybe your DD will have some positive affect on your DS in this regard now.

Good Luck!