PDA

View Full Version : Outgrowing Roundabout??

ajb524
02-05-2008, 10:10 AM
Forgive me if this has been answered somewhere else (did a search, but couldn't find what I was looking for).

When is DS too tall for the RA? He normally rides in a MA so maybe it just looks small. He'll be 2 this weekend and I'm thinking he's around 34inches.

Joolsplus2
02-05-2008, 11:39 AM
Rearfacing? When his head is about an inch from the top of the seat.

Forward Facing? When his shoulders barely creep above the top slots.

:)

wencit
02-05-2008, 01:14 PM

:) Not to hijack this thread, but I have a clarification question about this (I've been wondering, too). Is there something to do with the tops of the ears something something something? I vaguely recall hearing about that.

Thanks!

Joolsplus2
02-05-2008, 01:44 PM
Yeah, tops of ears for FF is another measure, but honestly, the shoulders go above the slots before that happns, so I've quit mentioning it :)

wencit
02-05-2008, 04:04 PM
Gotcha. Thanks so much, Julie!

kboyle
02-05-2008, 08:33 PM
is it odd that my 4yo can still fit in a RA? he's 40" tall or so, but he's got long legs & a short torso, so his shoulders *just* hit the top slot.

i'm planning on getting him a new seat, but is it odd that he's so old & in a RA?

ellies mom
02-05-2008, 09:13 PM
is it odd that my 4yo can still fit in a RA? he's 40" tall or so, but he's got long legs & a short torso, so his shoulders *just* hit the top slot.

i'm planning on getting him a new seat, but is it odd that he's so old & in a RA?

My 4 yo just out grew hers. So not odd to me. :)

kboyle
02-05-2008, 09:43 PM
My 4 yo just out grew hers. So not odd to me. :)

phew, i thought it was just me :)

ajb524
02-06-2008, 04:12 PM

:)

Thanks! He's been FF for a couple of months. The top of head is above the top of the shell. He's still on the middle slot, but I'm going to check him today and make sure he's okay in it. I'm used to having the MA in my car and I guess the RA just looks tiny now, lol.

tny915
02-06-2008, 04:49 PM
phew, i thought it was just me :)

Nope, another 4-y-o in a Roundabout here.