PDA

View Full Version : Our preschool update--ah the irony...

bisous
02-05-2008, 03:31 PM
Thank you to everyone who responded to my latest preschool thread.

Here's the latest. I waited too long to grab the open spot and there are no spots left for March. :( But, the school district just opened another class at another location. The good news is that this teacher also has a child with Diabetes. The other great news is that it is on a wonderful campus that is kind of like a child's paradise. I haven't met the teacher yet, but I know that the ratio for this program (because it is brand new) is 5 students to 3 adults. I know that this will change but for now I'm super excited about this. Oh, and I was upfront about DS' busyness and they want to help him out. They are super compassionate about it. Negatives are that the class is in the morning instead of the afternoon and it about 10 minutes further away. :( But otherwise it sounds perfect.

Are you ready for the irony? It is on the campus of the preschool or shall I say "parenting class" that my DS just had such a negative experience. It is NEXT DOOR to the classroom where the women were so unkind to my DS.

How's that for irony? Do you think I should be concerned about this?

katydid1971
02-05-2008, 05:41 PM
I think because this teacher also has a diabetic son I think she will be more understanding. Don't let those meanies from the other classroom make you feel uncomfortable. Some people never seem to be able to leave their high school clique thing behind them, too bad for them. I see it at my son's preschool too but I just ignore those people. I'm glad you have found something that I hope will work out for you and DS. Good luck

ShanaMama
02-05-2008, 09:32 PM
The situation sounds very good, but I'm not sure I get the ironic part. Is the new class affiliated with the old one? IIRC you had some trouble with the director of that original program as well. Would you have to deal with her in the new program? If there's no affiliation & it's just the location that's next door I'd go for it & chalk it up to G-d's sense of humor. (Don't mean that in an offensive way) ;)